Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 01-10-2003 , 05:04 PM
Subscriber

Lens Flare

Anyone know how to duplicate this?. It appears to be a lens flare because of the overlay. Very widely used, looks like colunms of light.

Attached Images

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 2 01-10-2003 , 07:28 PM
Well, I "think" you can do that in maya directly with an OptiFX light effect tweaked to look like that.

Also, and I would suggest first, doing it in your compositing app.

2d LensFlare plugins/filters are more controllable, and look better in most cases, when done the 2D route.

If you have After Effects, the basic lensflare filter can do this, I believe, but a Plugin called Knoll Lens Flare will do just that.

Another way would be to just paint the flare in in Photoshop, and in your compositor track where you want the falre to go, and apply that data to your "flare" layer, and just key rotation, blend-mode, and opacity to tasteuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com