Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 76 05-04-2013 , 10:25 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
Hey has anyone had success with batch rendering an animation using physical sun and sky

# 77 26-04-2013 , 04:17 PM
Technical Director

Hey has anyone had success with batch rendering an animation using physical sun and sky

Hi murambi. It should work without any issues, as all it's doing is saving out the render view. If it's not working, it's an issue with your scene I'm afraid.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 78 26-04-2013 , 04:28 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
Rendering out a an animation with your method works but as soon as I send the scene to backburner it refuses to work. I thought it was backburner that was the problem so i did a commandline rendering and still get the same issues. The reason Why I want to render my scene with backburner is that with the scene already open it swallows up 11gb of RAM.
Rendering with your script is fine but im at a point where I keep getting memory errors (basically running out of memory). This is very frustrating.

# 79 26-04-2013 , 04:55 PM
Technical Director
Of course, my script is not being run when you submit to Backburner, or when you execute a command line render. When you do these two, it uses the normal batch rendering method. My script does not support distributive rendering.

# 80 26-04-2013 , 05:07 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
What you are not understanding is that I'm not trying to use your script. Im just trying to batch out a normal render through backburner or commandline rendering hence the question if anyone has been successful in rendering physical sun and sky lit scenes without using your script.

# 81 26-04-2013 , 05:19 PM
Technical Director
Sorry for my misunderstanding, however this thread is for the discussion of my script. If you're having issues with Backburner or command line rendering, I suggest you create a new thread.

# 82 26-04-2013 , 05:22 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
Im having the same issue with the person who started this thread i thought maybe someone had figured out the problem, anyway will start a new thread.

# 83 22-05-2013 , 05:21 AM
I had the same problem of the single image render not being what the batch render presented (maya 2011) and just wanted to say thank you for that fabulous script which solved all my problems.

# 84 10-06-2013 , 02:41 PM
Hi John,

I know I'm not the first to do this, but a huge thank you from me to you for this script. I had written a custom mentalray shader that was having the same single-frame issue these folks were having, and your script worked like a charm.

FOR AS LONG AS I LIVE, I SHALL BE GRATEFUL.

-John

(p.s thanks lol)

# 85 20-06-2013 , 05:19 PM
Technical Director
Glad you two found it useful, and thanks for letting me know! user added image

# 86 25-08-2013 , 02:34 PM

It keeps on giving

Hi, I am another in a long line of people internally grateful for your script, so much so I joined the forum. It saved my bacon. Batch render was ignoring my animated displacement maps but they showed up in the render view just fine. Thank you, thank you.

Also, it is amazing that your small kindness many years ago has helped so many!

# 87 01-09-2013 , 08:25 AM
As the OP, I just want to express my amazement how my "huge rendering problem" led to this amazing thread that's still being kept alive with so many people finding help here. I'd like to thank NextDesign on behalf of all folks who found his script to be helpful. Love to all.

# 88 11-11-2013 , 05:27 PM

Batch render too bright! HELP!!

Help needed!! I checked every where for the solution and non worked... this thread seems to be the closes to my problem....

I'm working on my demo, using mental ray, physical sun and sky plus other lights, all are gama corrected with a game of 1.25. ( default of 2.2 was too much) no render layers, what the camera see is whats in the scene so I didn't bother with render layers.
still render comes out perfect with the shadows and right amount of lighting, however, batch render comes out bright, the color and textures are there, its just very bright, lacking depth and shadow, my shadow is on and came out perfect in the still render, My settings are up, since I'm doing the final in HD. I tried lower the lights and re batch render and nothing changed.
I'm rendering with uncompressed tiff, I've tried IFF, maya refuse to render with IFF and Fcheck does not read Either IFF or Uncompressed tiff (gives me a broken pipe), so I'm checking my renders with imf_disp.exe
The script Next design wrote didn't work for me, could be I input it wrong or could be that I'm using maya 2012.
not sure what else to tell you guys... but i'm really at a lost... Help....user added image

# 89 06-12-2013 , 04:47 PM
Technical Director

The script Next design wrote didn't work for me, could be I input it wrong or could be that I'm using maya 2012.

Hi Kelly, sorry it's taken me so long to see this. Are you still having this issue? In what way does it fail?

# 90 03-02-2014 , 01:24 AM
Hi there!

Did anyone find a way to use this script with Vray and .exr files? Framepadding doesn't seem to work...