Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 08-03-2003 , 06:22 AM

Grass Blade

What would be the easiest way to create a realistic blade of grass?

Any help?

Thanks user added image

- Matt
# 2 08-03-2003 , 06:52 AM
The Maya Mountain
Depends on how close you want to get. If it's to be the central piece of your image, I'd create it using polygons or whatever. If you just want a field of grass in the background or something, you can use Paint FX.

# 3 08-03-2003 , 07:24 AM
Subscriber
mshoward, im not sure exactly how you would do this.. but first off this is what i did in 3dsmax to get great results, like the image attatched. Anyways, i would model a simple strand of grass that consists of 3 polygons (all triangles). Then just model a curved grass strand, and then create a wavy ground... i then just scaled the one grass thread, duplicated it 2 times.. and made each different strand a different shade of green. I just did some kinda batch duplicate in Max.. which made tons of copies over the page... it gives wonderful results.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 4 12-03-2003 , 12:42 AM
That'll work M! But like mtmckinley said depends on where it is in your scene. Depending on that do hat he said! user added image

May the force be with you...always!
A Jedi shall not know anger nor hatred nor Love
The only way to live a good life is to act upon your emotions
A warrior is reborn when he has something to protect