Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 15-02-2013 , 03:48 PM
EduSciVis-er

Filtering and contour rendering are incompatible

I'm trying to render a shot in maya that has some aliasing problems. I think I've tracked it down to a message I get in the Output window.

It says:

RC 0.3 130 MB warn 082066: filtering and contour rendering are incompatible
RC 0.3 130 MB warn 082035: sample filter switched to box 1.0 1.0

The thing is I don't have any contour rendering turned on. I am referencing several other files in the scene, and it's possible that one of them had contour rendering on at one point, but no longer. I've gone through everything in each file with a fine tooth comb, and I can't find anything related to contour rendering. It's quite frustrating, I'm not sure why mental ray is seeing contour rendering.

Any advice would be appreciated.

# 2 15-02-2013 , 04:16 PM
EduSciVis-er
Okay, I figured it out... turns out I was doing some contour rendering in other files, and when I created this file there was still a check beside "around all poly faces" in the contour rendering options, though contour rendering itself was solidly off in every area of maya.

So if I enabled contour rendering to access the options, unchecked my poly face option, then disabled contour rendering again, I don't get the warning and my anti-aliasing is peachy. Stupid mental ray.

# 3 15-02-2013 , 05:09 PM
The thin red line
A bad work man always blames his toolsuser added image......................dave

# 4 15-02-2013 , 06:43 PM
EduSciVis-er
Just like how every time you hit a nail with a hammer, you get a sudden pain in your kidneys, and hours later you realize that you needed to put a green piece of tape around the handle, which fixes everything. Stupid hammer.