Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 13-06-2003 , 05:35 PM
Subscriber

Annoying light

I am having trouble lightning my scene. I have deleted all my lights. The only light that shows up in the Outliner is the DefaultLightSet, but it hasn't got any lights in it. Still, when I render an image I get this yellowish shiny spot in the middle of the picture.

Does anyone of you pro's know where the light comes from, and, more importantly how do I get it to go away?

Attached Images
# 2 13-06-2003 , 05:45 PM
Subscriber
looks like you got lens flares as a post filteruser added image

Glows, halos, or lens flares
Any light visible to the camera lens has the potential to produce an optical effect (light glow).

The Optical FX utility node lets you create glows, halos, or lens flares that are produced when a light shines directly into the camera. You can add an optical FX to any light.

For a detailed description of the attributes of the Optical FX utility node, see Glow utilities attributes.

Note

You can also control how the glow from one surface affects the intensity of another's surface glow (see Create environments that glow) or create illuminated fog for a particular light (see Create illuminated fog).

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com

Last edited by 3djoe; 13-06-2003 at 05:57 PM.
# 3 13-06-2003 , 09:13 PM
Subscriber
Yes, I thougt this might be it, but I can't find any. The picture above is rendered in perspective view as well, I believe you shouldn't be able to see any camera filters in that view. Also, I cannot find any light source at all, so I don't understand how the reflection comes about in the first place.

I'll keep trying.

# 4 14-06-2003 , 12:58 PM
Subscriber
Try rendering from another view and see what you get.

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com