Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 29-12-2010 , 03:38 PM

Importing illustrator design into Maya

I have been able to import in the illustrator document by going to Create > Adobe illustrator Object - this allowed me to import the document in but I don't seem to be able to work with the 3D image it has created. How do I select this object and start working on it.

Is this the best way to bring in illustrator design in? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Jack

# 2 04-01-2011 , 11:19 PM
Subscriber
wait, u created a 3d object in Ill, or just something with the effects of being a 3d object?
I'm confused here and what it has to do with maya.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
# 3 05-01-2011 , 01:09 AM
Lifetime Member
I have never used this but just tried a simple circle...it came in with a gazillion curves. It depends on how you import by the look...I imported as curves...then select object mode>control vertex and off you go. It wouldnt import bevelled?? can I ask what and why you are importing the AI file mate??? wouldnt it be just as easy to model in Maya? Im curious......

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes