Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 46 15-10-2003 , 10:35 PM
Hey thanks for your kind words orgeeizm & howardporter, user added image

Yeah I was and still am inspired by comic book artists Todd Mcfarlane, Greg Capullo & Jim Lee. user added image

orgeeizm, what do you mean useing maya to bring my drawings to life? Do you mean for modleing referent Or do you mean really bring my comic to life?

I'm very new to the 3d world, and maya is the one I pick to get started. user added image So I have a lot to learn as maya is a very deep program.

As for comic book style 3d, I have done one for a game character, take a look:

This is the comcept art # 3 of 2d art above, enjoy.

About 6,000 poly
user added image

More here:
Closes up of face
WIP legs
WIP back

I live in a very small town called florence oregon usa, and as far as i'm aware no one even dose 3d art here. I'm knowing for my art here almost by everyone. And i've been here for about 15 years now, and i'm sure I would of know some one by now. user added image So that way I spen so much time on the internet like these dicussion boards, and I am so happy I found this one, i've been to CG chat.com & CG talk.com. But this board looks like just what I need (simply maya).

Last edited by vedic kings; 16-10-2003 at 12:13 AM.
# 47 15-10-2003 , 10:40 PM
Zyk0tiK,

Oh yeah Legacy of Kain: Soulreaver series is one of my favorite games out there, and also Kings Field series.

Legacy of Kain: Defiance is coming out nov 18! Which is blood oman & Soulreaver together in one game, the 5th of the series, can't wait!

# 48 15-10-2003 , 11:01 PM
New to maya? wtH! man it looks like you already got it down..Your connection with your 2d-3d is smoooth!! How long have you been using Maya?

And btw, youre not alone...I live in Washington State, just right above your state...Im my area, everyone uses Rhino (in the highschool for drafting).

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 49 15-10-2003 , 11:20 PM
orgeeizm,

Lol i've been useing maya for about 8 to 9 month now. But understand this i've been studying maya books about 8 to 12 hours a day. I really want to master maya! I was very much inspired by the movie FF: TSW, and about 5 to 6 month later I had enught money to buy maya & holy sh*t 2,000 big ones!

Books I have:

1. Learning Maya | Character Rigging and Animation
2. Learning Maya | Foundation
3. Learning Maya | Rendering
4. Instant Maya 4.5 for Mac OS X
5. What's New in Maya 4.5 For Mac OS X
6. The Art of Maya
7. Maya Character Animation By Jae-jin Choi

Wow you live right above me cool! that makes me feel better. user added image

# 50 15-10-2003 , 11:33 PM
Wanna know another thing...Just recently this summer I dropped out of college to work on Maya full time. I was in California then..I got back up here to Washington on my old house around early late August. And since then, all i do is Maya all day...I wake up to work on Maya, pass out working on Maya, and Maya again when I wake up from that black out...

I only have 3 books, very basic:
Maya 4 Fundamentals
Maya 4.5 Savvy (im hating this right now, some parts of it arent working right)
Maya 5 Visual Quickstart guide..

Hhehehe..Nice to know someone doing almost what I do

And btw, you have a Mac?? I want one too! How much was your Mac?

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 51 16-10-2003 , 12:43 AM
Wow! we have alot in common, in the computer world anyways.

Yeah I get up around 9 am & hit the bed around 3 to 4 am. I'll tell ya it can get overhauling with all the setting you can do in maya, it almost seem endless.

Yes I do have a power mac G4, it cost me 1,700, just for the tower & keyboard! But man I tell ya I want the new G5 2G! Cause my mac is a dual 867 MHz, which is fine right now, it run great. But that G5 is $3,000 and I won't have that kind of money for sometime.

I haven't even had my mac for a year, but it will be a year nov 24. And this is my first mac. Before I had a PC, and I gotta say macs are beautiful! PC look like sh*t now user added image

Hey there a cool fluid srceensaver for mac go here and download it if you want, > Fluid Screensaver

There lots of setting you can play with, it can be alot of fun. I spent about 3 hours messing around with it when I first dowloaded it. If you do download it have fun user added image

Last edited by vedic kings; 16-10-2003 at 12:45 AM.