Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 21-07-2008 , 07:24 AM
Subscriber

obj files

i'm pretty sure I know the answer is a no to this, but for peace of mind does anyone know if its possible to export obj files out of maya P.L edition. I really want to export my models/a model into zbrush to learn how to use the programs in conjunction with each other but, when opening the plug-in manager to get hold of obj.file, the option isnt there. i presume this is a protection thing for the P.L edition...?

# 2 21-07-2008 , 08:09 AM
Subscriber
no export from PLE

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 3 21-07-2008 , 08:42 AM
Senior Software Developer
Its all part of the licence agreement made when u get the software for free.. its a bit limiting as you are not able to join in some tutorials as they require import and export to and from other packages.

If you are in full time education, you may qualify for the education licence. Which is very cheap.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 4 21-07-2008 , 02:31 PM
Subscriber
i am not mate no. thats annoying. dont know anywhere sellin a full maya version on the cheap do ya? like, very cheap!!

# 5 21-07-2008 , 02:48 PM
Senior Software Developer
no m8, sorry. try a m,aya reseller tosee if they have an older copy version 7 or something they might be willing to pass on to you at a lower price...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)