Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 46 03-08-2009 , 08:31 PM
if that was directed at me...i dont know what "mocap" is....sorry user added image

https://www.2amdesign.net
I would love to collaborate with anyone to texture and do zbrush work so let me know
# 47 03-08-2009 , 09:29 PM
Subscriber
dango, investigate a compositing program like After Effects, Toxik and Combustion. Since you dont use a crapple i'm not going to suggest final cut pro or shake

andy, mocap is short for motion capture, i think gster was offering it to dango because his people are zombies :p

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 48 03-08-2009 , 09:49 PM
The Nurb Herd
shake works well on a pc too... i would've suggested this option but the commercial licenses might be pricey as i assume you are doing this on your license.
maybe some script in PS could speed up the process for switching out images in layers. but keeping the blending settings?

# 49 03-08-2009 , 09:58 PM
Yeah, not got the cash to invest in any more software just yet, but I have AE anyway so will have a look into working out the best way of doing it.

But the script in PS idea is also an interesting one, will have to look into that too, thanks for the suggestion Hammer!

# 50 04-08-2009 , 01:59 AM
EduSciVis-er
I don't know much about AE, but I would think that would be just the thing to do some video compositing, as opposed to PS.

# 51 04-08-2009 , 08:34 AM
Yeah that was to Dango about the people animation.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 52 04-08-2009 , 08:37 AM
Cheers for the offer Steve, may take you up on that! Wouldn't have a clue how to use it but always willing to learn!

# 53 04-08-2009 , 07:00 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
how are you gonna light this and what materials are you gonna use and why not assign textures and stuff then later do the test animations

Last edited by murambi; 04-08-2009 at 07:24 PM.
# 54 04-08-2009 , 09:31 PM
Hi Murambi,

I'm not too sure about the lighting yet, the client hasn't decided whether it should be night or daytime in the scene yet, and the reason for not assigning shaders and doing the test animations til later is pretty much the same reason, the client was interested to see how the animation might look now, and shaders haven't been applied yet as the modeling of the scene isn't quite finished yet.

I have my ideas of how it should look, but although I have a lot of say on the end result, I do have to keep the client happy! lol

# 55 05-08-2009 , 12:48 AM

Wow

I realize that I am a bit behind the train here but
THAT IS AMAZING

# 56 05-08-2009 , 01:07 AM
Thanks jgriffin3s!

I hope to make it better once I've got the rest of the modeling done, and it comes to the texturing stages, and not mess it all up! lol

But your appreciation is appreciated!

Cheers!

# 57 05-08-2009 , 01:39 AM
Isn't it great that it is easy to backup your files....
LOL

# 58 05-08-2009 , 02:16 AM

Originally posted by jgriffin3s
Isn't it great that it is easy to backup your files....
LOL

Haha, yeah, I learnt the hard way when I first started, 12 hours of work disappearing will teach you that backing up is very important.....lol!

# 59 05-08-2009 , 07:15 AM
Head of 3d Admedia

night or daytime in the scene yet

was asking whether you were going to use physical sun and sky and whether your gonna use mental materials or standard maya materilas( caution mia materials work best with mental ray but take ridiculously long to render)

# 60 09-02-2010 , 12:49 PM
Been a few months since I've worked on this at all, due to my own projects etc, and the client being busy with his own things too.
But had a chat with said client and started on another part of the project last night and got a bit done. This is another page on the site, which will be a club, basically a background image to one of his radio stations, the area does have a large video screen in it so we're hoping to have a little pan animation around to it when it's clicked on, the music from the radio will fade out and it'll show a selection of music video's to choose from. Once the selection is made you can then zoom in and watch the video.

Quite a bit more to add to it obviously, people for one, more tables, speakers, dj etc.

Also, I remember someone posting a question about rendering an AO inside of a closed area on another thread, not sure if it got an answer or not so if they, or anyone else needs to know how to do it, just up the max distance on the surface shader to anything higher than 0, 0 is a distance of infinite so as soon as it reaches the outer part of your enclosed space it'll render black, if the max distance is set higher then it'll render the AO, play with the distance amount to get the desired look.

Hope that helps someone!

Attached Thumbnails