Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 05-09-2003 , 04:58 PM
Subscriber
I guess it ends on the 7th. at midnight. I should shoot myself, cause now I have had no time. I won't bore you what with, but i'll definately get some work done tonight. Tomorrow i'm not working till 5pm so i should have some time then, and i'm not sure when i'm working on the 7th but i'll get a little time in. So as usual i'll do all the work at the last minute user added image

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 17 05-09-2003 , 08:39 PM
Subscriber
I don't know if there was a 14 point prize for the winner of the tournament but if there was is the winner of this going to get it?

# 18 05-09-2003 , 09:58 PM
Subscriber
No prize in tourneys I think. And this goes a bit beyond it anyway.

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 19 06-09-2003 , 02:19 PM
Subscriber
Style change.

Attached Thumbnails

# 20 06-09-2003 , 09:29 PM
Subscriber
AAAAAAAAAARg, i work way to much, i wish i could compete against this. Oh jeeeeez he's good. I will goto work now, get some nice work done. Oh god i shoulda just left it at a draw! (LOL)

If i were you bjorn, i would take pictures of the crime scene like dectives would (watch some police shows/movies) then agrrange them in a digital manella (i don't know how to spell it, that light tan colour) folder and have it look like a real police report. That might get ya an extra vote or two (not like you need it!)

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"

Last edited by Vectorman; 06-09-2003 at 09:32 PM.
# 21 06-09-2003 , 10:43 PM
Subscriber
Ok, this is my final. This was a fun little project. Will post in finished work also, since not many find their way here. Come on vector, I'm waiting for you to show your skills
user added image

Attached Thumbnails

# 22 06-09-2003 , 11:03 PM
Subscriber
*SIGH* that looks awesome man. I just worked for 2 hours, and my MAYA crashed on my poor 533mhz. I just don't know what to do. I have until tomorrow to lose, so be patient. I've looked quite extensively through maya for the incremental save option can ANYONE SHOW ME WHERE IT IS!!?!?!?

# 23 06-09-2003 , 11:07 PM
Subscriber
It's there, file -> save scene options -> incremental saves. A life saver.

# 24 06-09-2003 , 11:12 PM
Subscriber
jeez, wish i had tried that, well i have not given up, i will try to get some work done tonight but i have to do some homework for my new job (yah i'm working 2 now!) So I'm not promising anything. I may have to challenge you to a rematch at some point cause i feel really bad, to have gone through all this trouble so that YOU would have time, and now i don't.

# 25 06-09-2003 , 11:21 PM
Subscriber
Don't feel pressured to do anything, I know alot of things have priority over this. It's hard to find a week where both have time. Given an interesting subject I can go for a rematch, not immediatly though. I have put maybe 15h into this project, so I'm quite pleased with the results with regards to the time and effort spent.

# 26 06-09-2003 , 11:26 PM
Subscriber
well hopefully i will be able to get that homework done tomorrow, i've decided to work more on it now. I will tackle another part of the scene tho, because this is actually the second time i crashed it working on that damn pipe going down from the sink. Maybe i'll cover it with some counter type thing. But you're work really inspires me so i want to try to have something pretty next to it.

# 27 07-09-2003 , 04:37 AM
Subscriber
Wip

Attached Thumbnails

# 28 07-09-2003 , 05:35 AM
Subscriber
Some more stuff. I'm liking this. Put some decent lighting and finish dirtying the textures tomorrow (before midnight)

Attached Thumbnails

# 29 07-09-2003 , 11:24 AM
Subscriber
@ Vectorman

I think you did alot better than i first expected you to do and even if you don't win you did well to get to the final and atleast you did what not many other people did and that's have a go at every round, i think very few people did that. Also if you loose i'd say that you lost to the best person in this tournament, and i'd be happy with that if it was me.

# 30 07-09-2003 , 02:17 PM
Subscriber
Thank man means alot. This battle is not lost yet, but i will be soon user added image