Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 29-06-2008 , 08:05 AM

problem exporting maxwell render from maya to another computer

hi,

I am working on some renders in maxwell that I export from Maya.

normally, I render them on my own computer, which works well.

now, I would like to render them on a second computer which I only use for rendering.

I started of by exporting a .mxs from maya , copying it to the second computer, but there I cannot resume it for it cannot find the texture files, etc which are all located on my own computer.

than I tried to use the network render, but strangely enough, when I click 'add' in the network tab and choose the .mxs file, it says:

"MXS File does not exist or it is Invalid or Obsolete. Please choose a valid MXS"

(But the mxs does open in mxstudio, for instance - the file does not seem that invalid)

Any good advise on how I can export my render to another computer / fix these problems?

Thanks!

# 2 29-06-2008 , 12:18 PM
Senior Software Developer
You might wanna post this to Next Limit, it sounds to me like a licence issue!!!

Some software will write licence information within files to stop you transferring from one place to another. I would check what your licence is (Single Workstation or Render Farm/Multiple Machines).

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 29-06-2008 , 12:27 PM
you need to make sure its part of a project, so all of the textures are in a set place. (File>Project>New)

then just transfer the whole project over to the other computer... i think that will work.

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com