Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 14-03-2015 , 03:54 AM

Use Background Shader & Animated Image Plane

I am trying to figure out how to work with a movie image plane by adding animated 3D elements into it.

As of right now I am trying to figure out the Use Background shader. In the image below I have my movie image plane set up and a polygon plane on the ground with the Use Background shader applied. Does this shader not work with a movie image plane? It only displays the still frame where I applied the shader in the timeline and does not display the movie when I go forward/backward in the timeline.

I hope this makes sense since I may be off on the terminology.

user added image

With this scene I plan on incorporating an animated character that will jump around the scene then end up smashing a car or pushing in front of the train. This will be quite the feat considering how green I am to this.

Also, when rendering with Mental Ray the movie image plane does not render. It will only render if I use Maya Hardware 2.0 but then shadows do not show up on surfaces with Use Background shader; they only show up when rendering with Mental Ray.

Last edited by mdk1984; 14-03-2015 at 04:14 AM.
# 2 21-03-2015 , 10:07 PM
Figured it out. Had to use image sequence instead of .mov.

You can close thread.

# 3 18-04-2015 , 04:49 AM
Thank you a lot for your quick response !

You can get score highest marks in JK0-022 dumps dumps exam using and test 1Y0-200 exam king which are prepared by top certified professionals, Tabor College ccna wireless training; both are marvelous in www.the-bac.edu