Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 24-06-2009 , 07:15 PM

quadrangulate problem

I'm new 2 Maya,
My faculty gave me a male body model 2 practice unwrapping in Maya.
It is in .obj format.........when I open d file it shows all d faces as triangles,not quads.
when I use d option mesh---->quadrangulate it doesn't work.
plz help......

# 2 25-06-2009 , 03:53 AM
Technical Director
Quadrangulate only works when the meshes are triangulated a particular way. If you want to fix it, I'm afraid you'll have to go in, and delete the triangles by hand.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 25-06-2009 , 11:36 AM

Originally posted by NextDesign
Quadrangulate only works when the meshes are triangulated a particular way. If you want to fix it, I'm afraid you'll have to go in, and delete the triangles by hand.

10x nextdesign 4 reply..........
hmmmm,by hand..........user added image
itz have heavy mesh........

# 4 27-06-2009 , 02:38 AM
Technical Director
No problem mate. Sorry to be the bringer of bad news however :/

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 5 02-07-2009 , 11:54 AM
I found the solution...............:blush:
1st the model z in .chr format n it is in editable mesh,I converted it into editable poly,then I exported that model from max to .obj format,in the dialogue box I chosed quads..........
Thats it........