Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 24-02-2003 , 07:09 AM
Subscriber

Character: Head

Well, I'm going to try a model this head. When thats done I'll do the body to. Then i'm gona rig it and do a walking cycle for it. Hope to finish modeling it in two weeks, so I can start the walking cycle when school starts up. This is will be my first time modeling a character. The picture is something I just made up. Tried to make the head simple as possible. Not good at making up cartoony looking characters, but this character will do for now.

# 2 24-02-2003 , 01:34 PM
I like the character. Shows good possibilities. What are you planning to model him in?

mahalo,

Myk

<a href="https://www.metic.net" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.metic.net</a><br />
# 3 25-02-2003 , 08:08 AM
Subscriber
Well heres an update. Still got alot to do. Got to add more with split ploygon tool and clean it up. This is my first character head i done. So I kind of get mixed up how to make the flow better on the head. But I'll learn. (I hope!)

Now to answer your question MKess007!

I'm using a tutorial I found on the internet. You probly seen it before its https://www.thehobbitguy.com/tutorial...ng/index.html.

Just bought another round of points to get the head tutorials. for my next character I'll try Mikes way.

# 4 25-02-2003 , 08:03 PM
Subscriber
Nice start bud...

Cool character...

Im looking forward to see your developments.... maybe you can post a photo of your lowpoly wireframe...

I like the dave-way too.... but am also looking forward to see the mikey-way....

Kühl
# 5 26-02-2003 , 08:44 AM
Subscriber
Well heres an update. Got pretty much all the extra lines i need on front of face. Just need to tweek a little more. Still Need to add lines on back of head, some on the top, and little on the side and tweek tweek some more. Any comments or suggestions would be great cause this is my first time modeling a head.

And Kühl how do you render with your wireframe?

# 6 28-02-2003 , 07:50 AM
Subscriber
Well I did a little more to the face. I started the ears.

And know for my question. What do you guys think stay with the small ears or bigger ears? And is there anything I should work on to make better? Any comments and suggestions would be great.

# 7 28-02-2003 , 07:52 AM
Subscriber
Don't know how to post 2 images at once sorry.

# 8 28-02-2003 , 08:20 AM
It looks very cute! I think if you make the ears bigger it will be better. user added image

# 9 28-02-2003 , 10:37 AM
Subscriber
How did you get that lovely radiosity looking render? Was it using the default renderer or did you use Mental Ray?

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 10 28-02-2003 , 06:40 PM
Subscriber
DgAPc: You cant render with wireframe, but you can take a screenshot of your perspective view...?

Cool developments !!

Kühl
# 11 01-03-2003 , 04:48 AM
Subscriber
I don't know what you are talking about gazzamataz. What you mean radiosity? I used GI_joe for that one render and regular render for the others. I think your talking about the GI_Joe render am I right?

# 12 01-03-2003 , 06:13 AM
Subscriber
Yea, the render you are referring to was done with the GI_Joe plugin. In the Members lounge, or the newbie area.. there should be some threads called GI_JOE2, you can find the link through there, to where you can aquire the script user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 13 01-03-2003 , 06:53 AM
Subscriber
Well I think I'm done with the head for know. I did a little tweeking on the ear and attached it to the head and duplicated it and attached the 2 halfs. If theres anything I should work on to make better please tell me. I'm pretty satisfied were I'm at right know since this is my first head. Know I need to start the body! Oh yeah I used GI_Joe for this render to.

# 14 01-03-2003 , 11:39 AM
Subscriber
You should at least try close the eyelids around the eyeballs. Know what I mean? That would make it a bit more realistic.

By the way, nice model.

Kühl
# 15 10-09-2003 , 11:30 PM
Subscriber
Well its been awhile since i posted here. Been done with this character for awhile know. Just felt like showing others how it came out.

Attached Thumbnails