Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 16-01-2008 , 01:03 AM

My first sorta okay rigged character

Well here he is :
user added image
He is as good as I can make him other than eyes,eye brows and mouth
He needs texturing though but I have been trying to work more on other things of practice. I have a weak 1.6 intel core Dou laptop so I have a little trouble moving the intire model at once user added image I got him rigged but I had some problems with lag/freezing when doing anything with the model so I ditched the skeleton(that is easy to put back anyways),cleared the history of the model then exported only the model. I put like 4 hours into the guy since I did not know of the lovely tool average verticles user added image Besides I never did anything like this before...
Any sugestion would be apreciated like for the body or whatever
I shoudla did a background :headbang: to make him look better

Last edited by jm82792; 16-01-2008 at 01:07 AM.
# 2 16-01-2008 , 05:46 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
No bad! It looks like Patric From sponge Bob! user added image

Theres nothing much to give suggestion wise as it's just a start, except maybe get a faster computer user added image JK

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 3 16-01-2008 , 12:10 PM
Thanks user added image I did a relvolve then I sorta tweaked it then converted it to poly then just extruded arms and legs then wasted time by moving vertexes but well I could psuehd average verticals and shaved 1 hour from it though user added image I made him much more movable now I earased most of the objects history and remmbered I hid the nurb msh that was atached to the model so that is fixed ... I have him textured but getting spots correctly on him is well hard.... Ya he is partick I just though he'd be a nice first made rigged charcter ,he needs more work and I need to get aorund to moving IK handles better..