Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 46 14-10-2007 , 07:56 PM
Subscriber
Same thing happened to me a while ago with the hard drive. It sucks ass...
Is it really $2000 bucks for the teeth? In Aus i think we get that stuff free.

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 47 14-10-2007 , 09:06 PM
Subscriber
Wow, sorry to hear man ... the progress was great though user added image

Same thing happened to me a while ago with the hard drive. It sucks ass... Is it really $2000 bucks for the teeth? In Aus i think we get that stuff free.

Over here health-care is free, over in the US you have to pay for everything. Not trying to cause trouble but its truly a rip of over there, brother had to get medicine when he was sick over in the US and it cost him $120US dollars, while over here it would have cost $5 dollars for a bunch of tables. Feel sorry for you guys,

This reminds me about Sicko by Michael more, great movie/Documentary

# 48 15-10-2007 , 04:48 AM
Subscriber
marlon I appreciate the sympathy towards losing my stuff, but I might have mistyped the maya project was not one of the things I lost, I recently (before losing everything else) moved it from my external to my main drive so it is safe, thankfully.
And no problem about calling the US a rip off, because it is, if it wasn't for family I would move out of america in a heartbeat I don't like being in the most expensive country, run by idiots that's hated by every other country.
And yes, Sicko by Michael Moore, if anyone is interested in seeing the difference between america, and every other country's healthcare then check that movie out.

SomGuy, yes I don't know if just getting normal teeth out is that much, but I know 4 wisdom teeth, 2 being impacted, and needing gas to knock me out and surgery to be done in my mouth, it's going to cost that much. And also since I don't have healthcare I basically had to wait until the doctor wasn't busy because it's healthcare before non-healthcare.

Louis, I'd blame it on more than just Bush, I'd blame it on the whole american system and the way it's ran.

But enough about that back to working on this model either in a little while or tomorrow. Not sure yet.

# 49 15-10-2007 , 12:09 PM
Would you reccommend me hiring out Sicko?? I think I saw it in the DVD shop.

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 50 15-10-2007 , 03:04 PM
Subscriber
Oh my bad i must of not noticed or forgotten that at the bottom it said that you kept a backup on your other hard drive, phew! now get back to work :p Haha just kidding ...

Cheers,

@ Louis - Yeah i reckon you should ... user added image

# 51 15-10-2007 , 03:36 PM

Originally posted by Rhetoric Camel
I don't like being in the most expensive country

Actually, when I was there (in Lansing, MI) a year ago, everything was a lot cheaper than here in Sweden. And the salaries in US, at least if you have a degree, is a lot higher too.

Anyways, I think we're getting a bit out of topic here...

# 52 15-10-2007 , 10:08 PM
I think it cost me $72 to get my 4 wisdom teeth out here in australia cos of medicare or health care card, one of those

# 53 16-10-2007 , 08:30 PM
Subscriber
well more delays unfortunately, and I don't know how great it's going to be. I was installing my dvd burner again, giving it a shot. And went to restart the computer and USB's aren't there, so now I can't use my mouse or keyboard inside of windows. I can use it before windows loads to press F8 or F12 or F2 but once inside windows my USB mouse and keyboard don't work. I hooked up my old computer that was brand new back in 1999. And wow how did I ever use this thing before.
But needless to say I need to try and figure out how to fix my usb without losing everything now. So now the panic has really started.

Computer problems like crazy lately! Hopefully this isn't a foresight to my wisdom teeth, haha.

# 54 17-10-2007 , 06:23 AM
I call new computer!! Maybe you somehow lost the USB drivers... but then why would it work on startup?? Maybe try with PS2 ports instead. It is possible to shutdown keyboard and mouse (I made a bat file that did that as a prank once).

How about reformatting the computer because you don't have anything on there that isnt on a USB already am I right?

Louis

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!
# 55 17-10-2007 , 08:34 AM
Subscriber
yeah I can't do a ps2 connection because my computer only has usb. I'm still attempting a few things before I follow through and start all over again, like I said, I don't want to lose last weeks work thats in this thread if I don't have to (notes to self that flash drive is now going to hold recent progress in maya projects after every day is complete)
There are still a couple more options, it's just waiting on money and patience.

The new computer thing is already in my mind, but I have to take a little money out of that stash to try and get my current computer up and running again. I think I'm going to attempt building my own computer. Although recent computer problems kind of scare me about building my own computer.

Well I'm hoping by thursday or friday I'll be back up and running on a computer that doesn't have these specs:
1.04GHz, 256mb Ram, actually 512, because I decided to up it a little bit so it's not extremely laggy.

# 56 17-10-2007 , 08:51 AM
How about u reformat?

# 57 17-11-2007 , 08:21 PM
Subscriber
I'm just bumping this because I'm diving back into it when I wake up tomorrow afternoon. Have to try to remember where I left off on the rigging section.

# 58 18-11-2007 , 01:51 PM
Subscriber
alright I know it doesn't look like much but I've completed the rigging and binding the skin. I still have to go in and do some small tweaks here and there but I'm pretty much done with it. Now onto learning how to do cloth to make this guy a shirt and pants.

I know it's not much of a pose but it's something other than the t pose and it was quick and easy enough to do.
user added image

# 59 22-11-2007 , 10:17 PM
Subscriber
alright so I've been working on learning cloth, have the guy all rigged, and started with making pants. Turned out alright.
Until I started test animations. When the leg moves the pants go with it but parts of the leg end up going through the pants and showing. I've tried all types of things to fix it and I can't figure out how to get it to work properly. I heard it was going to be a pain to do but I wasn't expecting this much. Oh and also when the leg goes back to normal position in the animation and the pants follow, they end up getting all messed up and sloppy looking.

Here is a picture of what I mean.
https://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8...problemmb6.jpg

any help would be greatly appreciated. I'll post a playblast animation of what I mean in a few minutes to also help. Along with the settings I'm using for the cloth.

# 60 22-11-2007 , 11:22 PM
Subscriber
cpDefaultProperty

U Bend Resistance: 10
V Bend Resistance: 10
U Bend Rate: 0
V Bend Rate: 0
U Stretch Resistance: 50
U Stretch Resistance: 50
Shear Resistance: 45
U Scale: 1
V Scale: 1
Density: .010
Thickness: .200
Thickness Force: 1
Cloth Friction: .300
Cloth Damping: .200
Air Damping: .100
Static Friction: .600
Dynamic Friction: .100

cpSolver1

Solver Enabled
Cloth Collisions Enabled (will be making a cloth shirt to, if I ever get this figured out)
Velocity Cutoff Min: 0
Velocity Cutoff Max: 0
Velocity Cutoff Damping: 0
Start Frame: -15
Frame Samples: 1
Time Step Size: .020
Solver Scale: 1
Time Scale: 1
Relax Frame Length: 5
Gravity: X 0 Y-980 Z 0

cpStitcher1

Base Resolution: 200
Round Seams
Fit To Surface

Ok youtube must be doing some construction on the My Account part because I can't access it so I can't upload the playblast yet.

Last edited by Rhetoric Camel; 22-11-2007 at 11:25 PM.