Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 31-12-2007 , 05:44 PM
Lifetime Member

The Pen in water it's self looks pretty good, thought the glass texture isn't quite there, but i can't pin exactly what it is thats letting it down.

I would say that one of things is there is no refraction on the pen once it is in the water, which is kinder unatural.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 17 01-01-2008 , 06:08 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!

Originally posted by jsprogg
I would say that one of things is there is no refraction on the pen once it is in the water, which is kinder unatural.

Your right, but the Glass shader is bugging me more than the liquid.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 18 15-01-2008 , 04:36 PM
@Mayamaniac- I wasn't planning to make it a dark scene, I just forgot to change the incandescence color, and put it off a bit. I don't really know what's wrong with the glass. Maybe it's too thick?

I tweaked the GI a little bit as it was looking a little drab to me.

Attached Thumbnails

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 19 15-01-2008 , 04:52 PM
it's coming along nicely. user added image

the building looks small compared to the tables and chairs though.

# 20 15-01-2008 , 05:51 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
yeah the chairs almost seem taller than the buildingbut its coming on nicley

# 21 16-01-2008 , 12:12 AM
I like it ,I am completely new to maya but I think your doing a good job. I am just working on texturing my character I made and getting rigging down abit more but I'd love to make a small scene liek you did but I need to model more stuff for a bigger library .

On a side note I uploaded a glass shader I made using a tutorial for somereason it cannot be acessed..... It is just a small box with directional lighting a wine glass and the shader. I unfortunately may have uploaded the one scene with other experimental or non wokring glass shaders though so if it works now then I can update it with the working glass shader.

# 22 18-01-2008 , 08:07 AM
I found out you can make the water by changing the refraction index of glass to 1.33 and water to 1.55 or was it the opsite ? Well it works great
I downloaded a water shader then just looked and compared.