Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 23-07-2009 , 12:25 PM
Subscriber

Podracer

I know this is not up to what you all can do but I'm proud of the time spent in making this even though its from a tutorial.

I do have a avi file too of it flying around. That was cool making it, the only issue I have which I need to work on is the texturing and lighting which I understand can make it or break it.

user added image

user added image

What do you think?

# 2 23-07-2009 , 12:44 PM
The Nurb Herd
no one is driving!

It looks cool, i'd say your shadow is rather small. As for texturing, i think there are lots of free tutorials on the subject.

# 3 23-07-2009 , 12:49 PM
Subscriber
lol.. ya i know that wasn't in the tutorial. I'm learning lol

# 4 23-07-2009 , 11:17 PM
the main two things ive found with texturing is learn how to layout youre uv's properly and everyday reference is youre best tool everything in a cg world even if it is fantasy sci fi etc. will have a pretty damn close real world object which is similar especially in hard surface models like this

# 5 24-07-2009 , 04:39 PM
hey Archania,

how much the tutorial(DT Intro to Maya 2009) focus on other subjects?
Does it simply focus on modeling?

# 6 25-07-2009 , 02:25 AM
Subscriber
It covered everything to create the modeling, texturing, dynamics, and animation.
Basically covered every aspect of Maya.
Was very good.