Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 04-01-2004 , 06:43 AM
Subscriber

Short cut crashing

Ok here’s the thing, I’m now at the point to where I’m using shelf short cuts and on the second shelf tab I’m using buttons like Outliner /attribute editor/ Hypershade / and so on, if I add the forth short cut on the tab My computer crashes? Any Ideas on what it could be? I’m going to defrag my computer to see if this might be the problem but I don’t think so.

Thanks for your time.

# 2 04-01-2004 , 10:11 AM

Do you mean like, the 'my computer' on the desktop? I think Maya just can't operate out of itself, and therefore cannot open 'my computer'... :p If I'm right you're just trying to open another file with Maya, although it doesn't have browser capabilities :p
:mingun: And if I'm wrong... :2gunfire: user added image user added image

# 3 04-01-2004 , 04:38 PM
Subscriber
No I'm Talking about shelf short cuts in Maya, when Ever I create short cuts on my user tab ( 4 to be Exact ) it locks up and shuts down, only when I use the command Icons like outliner and so on. just a Freaky thing.user added image

# 4 04-01-2004 , 04:56 PM
Does this happen in every scene, and if so, try to reinstall Maya?