Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 17-11-2013 , 11:27 AM

Active stereo has been disabled !!

What is this Warning ??, How can I solve it ??

// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2013/scripts/startup/rememberViewportSettings.mel line 43: Active stereo does not work with Aero enabled. Active stereo has been disabled. //

# 2 17-11-2013 , 06:18 PM
There is no "fix" other then to disable Windows AERO before running Maya. Aero is the transparent look of windows in windows 7 and above.

Unless you are using active stereo it's really a non-issue. There is a command line way to turn aero on and off and for a while I was using a powershell script to stop and start aero when opening and closing maya but stopped using it lately.

Here is a batch script that will toggle aero on and off.

Code:
@echo off
sc interrogate uxsms | find "1062"
if %errorlevel%==0 goto :sc_start
sc stop uxsms
exit

:sc_start
sc start uxsms
exit

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 17-11-2013 at 06:22 PM.
# 3 17-11-2013 , 07:07 PM

There is no "fix" other then to disable Windows AERO before running Maya. Aero is the transparent look of windows in windows 7 and above.

Unless you are using active stereo it's really a non-issue. There is a command line way to turn aero on and off and for a while I was using a powershell script to stop and start aero when opening and closing maya but stopped using it lately.

Here is a batch script that will toggle aero on and off.

Code:
@echo off
sc interrogate uxsms | find "1062"
if %errorlevel%==0 goto :sc_start
sc stop uxsms
exit

:sc_start
sc start uxsms
exit

Thank you ctbram for replying , but the script didn't work and give me that

// Error: Line 1.1: Syntax error //

I wonder if I ignore it that cause a crush on maya ??

# 4 17-11-2013 , 11:26 PM
Hmmm I am running windows 7 pro. This should work for win 7, I'm not sure about win 8.

Also, you have to run this with adminitrator rights as it stops and starts services. To debug it open an administrative cmd window and try the sc commands manually.

Rick

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 5 17-11-2013 , 11:49 PM
Bored but busy
Just adding this is not a maya script but a batch script that you run off you desktop.

# 6 18-11-2013 , 10:44 AM
Sorry , I don't know what batch script is!! ,can you tell me in details how can I do it ?? I'm not good at this stuff , I'm using win 7 ultimate.

# 7 18-11-2013 , 11:03 PM
Bored but busy

Sorry , I don't know what batch script is!! ,can you tell me in details how can I do it ?? I'm not good at this stuff , I'm using win 7 ultimate.

Create a new text document on your desktop. Double click the file, copy and paste the script from ctbrams post in it. Now, go to file>save as, and in the “Save As” window, input a name for your BAT file and then add a “.bat” on the end (without the quotes). My file was named testBAT.bat, for instance.

Before hitting save we need make sure that Windows doesn’t stick the standard “.txt” ending on the end of our new file. To do this, change the filetype from “.txt” to “all files” as shown in the screenshot below. That’s it – hit save and close the file.

right click the new file and run as administrator

Last edited by clocker1; 18-11-2013 at 11:18 PM.
# 8 19-11-2013 , 01:25 PM
Yaaaaaa it works , thank you a lot clocker1 user added image user added image user added image user added image