SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Dynamics & Special Effects / Necklace simulation: animated character doesn't turn into passive rigid body

Dynamics & Special Effects Maya Particles, nDynamics, Fluids, Rigid Bodies & General VFX

Join the conversation. Reply to post

19-05-2014, 05:41 PM   #1
Etienne79

Necklace simulation: animated character doesn't turn into passive rigid body
Hi!

I have a necklace rig built up using pin constraints.
If I hit play, it animates well. It even animates well if I only use a still .obj character.

BUT my character is already finished and animated
if I now want to add the necklace, turn the animated character into a passive rigid body, I get error message (// Error: line 0: ). I get this when I want to turn her into passive body.
So she doesn't become a passive rigid body at all, and necklace goes through the body.

I tried baking the animation out as Point Oven mdd, in this case I can turn the character into a passive rigid body, but the dynamics solver doesn't count the mdd deformations into account, it acts as if character stays still.

what am I doing wrong?
what is the best practice to add a necklace pin-constraint dynamics to an already animated character?
THANK YOU SO MUCH!