SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Dynamics & Special Effects / How can I bake a dynamic curve simulation?

Dynamics & Special Effects Maya Particles, nDynamics, Fluids, Rigid Bodies & General VFX

Join the conversation. Reply to post

17-06-2014, 09:31 AM   #1
Screaner

How can I bake a dynamic curve simulation?
Hi everyone,

I'm a beginner to dynamics but for my latest project I have a character with a dynamic curve/rope attached to him. All worked out quite well and I got the results I was hoping for. But now I want to render the scene and therefore need to bake the simulation. The only problem is I don't really now how or what to bake.

The rope itself is an extruded surface, connected to a curve which I made dynamic through nHair.
So now I have an Extruded Surface, a hair system, follicile, nucleus and the original curve that was made dynamic. I tried baking each of these with Edit>Keys>Bake Simulation and although the keys were created I still always had to calculate the simulation.

So my questions are: What exactly do I have to bake in order for the simulation of the rope do be keyed? Or are there any Settings I have to change?

Thanks in Advance
Screaner
17-06-2014, 10:12 AM   #2
daverave
The thin red line

Not done a great deal of this stuff but I think you need to create cache that is under the hair menu, start at frame 1 then create cache this will run your simulation and store it so you can move the time scale in real time and the rope should animate.............dave

17-06-2014, 03:03 PM   #3
Screaner

ah ok thanks that worked!