Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 22-04-2009 , 07:27 PM
i'm not sure if it was in a layer. how do i do that? and how do you check to make sure a layer is not in reference mode?

# 17 22-04-2009 , 07:37 PM
Subscriber
Open the layerpanel using the topright button.
Look at the layers at the bottom if there's an R.

Attached Thumbnails
# 18 22-04-2009 , 07:40 PM
EduSciVis-er
If you opened a new file and tried making various objects, then I don't think having a reference layer would be the problem.

But to check, the layers are on the bottom part of the channel box on the right side of the screen. You can access it by clicking the rightmost of the three buttons on the top right of the screen. Mouse-over, it should say channel box.

Anyway, if there are any layers, they will show up in the bottom section and they can be a template, reference, or none, in which case one of the boxes to the left of the name will be an R, a T or showing nothing. There is also a visible, non-visible option there (V or nothing, I think) fyi.

So I don't think that would be the problem, but that's how you can check.

Oops, Brain posted while I was...

# 19 22-04-2009 , 07:44 PM
thanks for your help. unfortunately the layer feature didnt help at all. i just wonder if my software is jank. i can edit nurbs, but i cant edit polygons. seriously, it sounds stupid for me to say that, but i just cant select polygon vertices. ugh. does anyone know of a support line to call?

# 20 22-04-2009 , 08:49 PM
The Nurb Herd
from your screen shot it looks like you have no verts in the middle.