Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 27-08-2007 , 05:16 PM

PERSP window bug maya 8.5 on the Mac

I am using maya 8.5 and I've had this problem occur two times.
the default Perspective camera suddenly moves into the ORTHOGRAPHIC pull down menu under PANEL. It looks and acts like an orthograhic top view camera, you can not modify the changes. When you look open up the attribute editor it reads like the persp default camera..
Even when I export the camera and load the exported file, and then open the file, the camera is still odd. Not only that, the exported file has only the Persp camera and not even the default cameras. (orthographic or not)

Now I have been a windows user and I am new to the OSX. I've never had this happen before.

Has anyone else?

thanks,
m

# 2 27-08-2007 , 06:06 PM
Jr.Who
Could you post a picture of it?

# 3 28-08-2007 , 08:26 AM
I wish I could.
I can't figure out how to get a screen grab that will allow me to show you the panel pull down menu.

As the screen grab function on the Mac needs the mouse.
And the system I'm currently on has only the basic Mac keyboard, so no print screen key.

So if someone can tell me how to get an image, I'd happily post it.
showing the outliner and the hypergraph show nothing.

# 4 28-08-2007 , 08:29 AM
Jr.Who
# 5 28-08-2007 , 09:34 AM
here's an image

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 28-08-2007 , 09:43 AM
Jr.Who
I think your compass (the thing in the top right of the perspective window) is set to a different view. Click the cube in the middle of the compass.
user added image

# 7 28-08-2007 , 02:52 PM
Thanks,

It's a new feature in Maya, or at least new to me.
I pressed the square bracket key which toggles the active view from persp to top and so on.

thanks again.