Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 15-01-2004 , 03:59 AM
Subscriber

Vertex Moving

Whenever im trying to move a vertex inside of a polygon it wont let me move it, and it will set it to one locked location every bloody time. I know im doing something wrong, and it prolly has to do with the shape history (which i dont know how to erase)...

But then when i move the Y axis up slightly (or watever isnt the axis that wont work) it works fine for a little while.

Im trying to construct the Halo Scorpion tank, and the wheels (i suppose thats what they shouldnt be called...) have 6 vertexi (or 12 after extruded), so a rectangle wont cut it for that. So after i extrude one face i delete the edges in the polygon (cause they arent neccesary) and the move tool PMS's everytime....

VERY frustrating. Im sure everyone has run into this problem, just hoping maybe u guys know the solution?

# 2 15-01-2004 , 06:43 AM
can you show a pic of this?

Not sure what it is your trying to do

# 3 15-01-2004 , 09:25 AM
Hi Immortal

It sounds to me like ur move tool settings get 'mixed' up for some reason.

When the prob. arrives try this!

Modify >> Attribute Paint tool

Then u will get the brush tool like when ur painting or sculpting.
U get away from the brush settings just by clicking ur move-button; "w".

THEN u can to the right see ur settings for ur move-tool, and the settings there should be set to "local" and the discreet button should be turned off!

Hope that helps!

# 4 15-01-2004 , 12:06 PM
Subscriber
lol, i figured it out, its not the attribute paint tool.

I guess i had clicked the snap to curve tool

: /

Thx tho