Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 04-01-2013 , 02:40 PM

Error in render

Hi everyone, im trying to render a maya file but each time i hit render it renders a few frames and stops when i check on the renderlog i get this

API 0.0 11 MB warn 302018: type conflict: "input2" is type vector, "maya_ramp" returns type color
API 0.0 11 MB warn 302018: type conflict: "specularColor" is type color, "maya_multdiv" returns type vector
API 0.0 11 MB warn 302018: type conflict: "input2" is type vector, "maya_ramp" returns type color
API 0.0 11 MB warn 302018: type conflict: "specularColor" is type color, "maya_multdiv" returns type vector
API 0.0 753 MB warn 302018: type conflict: "input" is type vector, "maya_file" returns type color
API 0.0 753 MB warn 302018: type conflict: "specularColor" is type color, "maya_multdiv" returns type vector
API 0.0 1088 MB warn 302018: type conflict: "value" is type vector, "maya_file" returns type color
API 0.0 1088 MB warn 302018: type conflict: "diffuse" is type color, "adskMayaGamma" returns type vector
API 0.0 1188 MB warn 302018: type conflict: "input" is type vector, "maya_ramp" returns type color

thnks

# 2 04-01-2013 , 07:03 PM
Super Moderator
Those are not errors but warnings and as far as I know, rendering doesn't stop because of warnings. Check the log for error messages and post back.

- Genny
# 3 07-01-2013 , 12:17 PM

Those are not errors but warnings and as far as I know, rendering doesn't stop because of warnings. Check the log for error messages and post back.

That is what is in the log but i think i am running out of memory. It an entire estate im rendering and my max samples is set to 6 with lanczos filter and my polygon count is a million plus

# 4 07-01-2013 , 12:35 PM
Can you post a pic of your shading network ? I think you have a few things directly connected to your ramp instead of applying the out put of the ramp to a material then applying the material to your model . could be the issue . but with out a bit more info its hard to pin point .

# 5 07-01-2013 , 12:52 PM
Super Moderator
A few questions. It doesn't say anything at all about memory in the logs? How much RAM are you working with? Is there a particular reason why the AA max is set to 6? Are you using proxies to cut down on memory consumption?

- Genny
# 6 07-01-2013 , 12:55 PM

Can you post a pic of your shading network ? I think you have a few things directly connected to your ramp instead of applying the out put of the ramp to a material then applying the material to your model . could be the issue . but with out a bit more info its hard to pin point .

the computer im using has no program on it that allows pasting from the clipboard so i cant give you a screenshot but what i've done is like this, say lambert shader has a texture plug in its colour and the texture has 10 repeat uv with filter set to off in the file node

# 7 07-01-2013 , 01:23 PM
The warning message seems to happen in Maya when you don't assign the output of a ramp to a material then apply the material to the model , but as the other post says its only a warning not a fatal error .

You can assign more memory to Maya.

But i think you would be better off using render layers so your not trying to render every object in a scene at the same time you can setup several layers one for he for-ground back ground and middle section and comp them back together in post .

Last edited by bravo2zero; 07-01-2013 at 01:31 PM.
# 8 07-01-2013 , 01:29 PM

A few questions. It doesn't say anything at all about memory in the logs? How much RAM are you working with? Is there a particular reason why the AA max is set to 6? Are you using proxies to cut down on memory consumption?

I've 12gb ram and a hex core processor, d only unfortunate thing is that my proxies are not working so im forced to work with out this makes my memory goes to 7gb wen the file is loaded. About the max set to 6, im trying to achieve a high quality plus i think it might help bocause my polygon are a million plus

# 9 07-01-2013 , 10:03 PM
Super Moderator
Are you batching it with Maya open? If it's eating up 7GB just by having the file open then that could turn into a resource nightmare. Were you using mib binary proxies? If you were, I made a script for that (doesn't do animated geo, still looking to get around that problem). And as far as the Lanczos filter goes, I don't know what your scene looks like, but if you're trying to get sharper looking textures, then changing the filter on the file nodes would probably help more than Lanczos with a max sample of 6.

- Genny
# 10 22-08-2013 , 12:52 PM
Hey guys,

I'm having a similar problem. The errors I'm getting are:

API 0.0 857MB Warn 302018: type conflict "color" is type color, "adskMayaGamma" returns type vector

Does this have something to do with incorrect connections in the hypershade.

PS: I'm using paint fx plants, where i have plugged in a gamma correct node to the ramp.

# 11 22-08-2013 , 04:17 PM
EduSciVis-er
Should be fine.... Does the render actually stop or look wrong?

# 12 22-08-2013 , 06:35 PM
Super Moderator
Those warnings are annoying at most. Vectors can hold rgb values that can be used to control color channels just fine, I don't know why they made Maya whine about it.

- Genny
# 13 25-07-2014 , 11:00 AM
if you have error in rendering means please stop this action new. and cannot do continuous
it will be continue in another time OK?

# 14 25-07-2014 , 11:01 AM

if you have error in rendering means please stop this action new. and cannot do continuous
it will be continue in another time OK?

hay dear >>>user added image