Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 16-04-2009 , 11:27 PM
The Nurb Herd

London Meet Up

Hello SM,

A friend of mine is trying to organise a creative meet up of people in London. it will be sometime in May i think. I was wondering if any of you lot want to come for a drink and an exchange of ideas and whatever. basically talking about what everyone is working on and what have you.

There is a facebook group we have, if anyone is interested i'll post it up.

Cheers

Dom.

user added image

# 2 16-04-2009 , 11:48 PM
Are noobs allowed, or is it an experienced user thing only?
Be honest (I know you will be...lol) if you'd prefer the experienced user only, I for one wouldn't be offended if that was the case.
Does sound interesting though.

# 3 16-04-2009 , 11:56 PM
The Nurb Herd
Of course anyone is welcome! The more the merrier
I've been learning 3d for a bit less than a year now so I'm still a noob too. user added image

I will post more details in the morning but the idea is to bring your work on a USB and some of us will have laptops (or you could bring one too) to have a look at stuff.

# 4 17-04-2009 , 12:19 AM
Sounds good to me then mate, count me in, can only learn from it (and get a bit pissed) and have a laugh! I've no laptop (I've only owned a pc since last summer!) so will have to be a usb for me.
I'll keep a check on this thread then.
Nice one!
user added image

# 5 17-04-2009 , 12:56 AM
SM Tea Boy
If I'm back in the UK on the dates in question count me in. If not if anyone ever gets over to Prague feel free to give me a buzz.

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 6 17-04-2009 , 01:11 AM
Subscriber
I might be up for it - depends when it is - Dartford is not that far away.

# 7 17-04-2009 , 12:35 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Yeah I'll make an appearance if it all goes ahead. And if Dave turns up that will be even better!

Jay

# 8 17-04-2009 , 05:40 PM
Lifetime Member
Would love to go but I'm a bit out of the way on the west coast! Pity!

Poly-pushing on a '96 SGI O2
# 9 17-04-2009 , 06:31 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by hammer.horror
Of course anyone is welcome! The more the merrier
I've been learning 3d for a bit less than a year now so I'm still a noob too. user added image

Hold on doing 3d for a year !!!! and you got a job in 3d you lucky bugger

# 10 18-04-2009 , 12:35 AM
The Nurb Herd
hello all,

this sounds great, i'm glad people are interested. I was thinking soho would be a fitting place to meet as most of the 3d stuff goes on there.

I've been out tonight but i'll post up the facebook group tomorrow. bed is calling!

very up for this now! a couple of people from my work are going to come along too (or so they say) so hopefully it will be a nice turn out. user added image

dom.

btw, yes tweety i started in June 08, not got a full-on job in 3D yet, but definitely working on it! my work is liked but there are no jobs to be had so its just a case of waiting for something to come up. :zzz:

Last edited by honestdom; 18-04-2009 at 12:37 AM.
# 11 21-04-2009 , 08:58 PM
Any news on the meet up Hammer?

Have just got back from the pub so I'm not in any rush for a drink...lol, was just wondering.

# 12 22-04-2009 , 02:24 AM
The Maya Mountain
Wish I could! I'm on the west coast of the USA, so... that'd be quite a trip. user added image

# 13 29-04-2009 , 05:57 PM
The Nurb Herd
hello, sorry for the late reply dango.

there is a meet up tonight! ...yeah, short notice for me too, (i found out today) so i will try and organise another one.
my friend is off to FMX 09 in Stuttgart so it will be after that i guess.

# 14 29-04-2009 , 09:22 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mtmckinley
Wish I could! I'm on the west coast of the USA, so... that'd be quite a trip. user added image

i think i have the longest way to travel, being 12 hour difference and all user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 15 30-04-2009 , 08:08 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
tonight!? Fk me talk about short notice and where is it by the way? Directions always help

Jay