Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 26-04-2011 , 09:53 PM
Subscriber

Maya 9.0 resets viewports

user added image

I've had this problem since I installed maya 9.0 unlim on my "new" asus laptop in March. When I hit spacebar to switch viewports all the other ones, 3, default to my previous view.

Say if I was working in perspective, when I spacebar out all the others are in perspective. I've put some back to Front, Top, but holding spacebar and mousemoving to the other views but that's the only way I can make a different view port. As soon as I exit one, all the others clone that viewport. So I'm manually switching viewports everytime I want a side or top, front view. Also, another strange thing is that once I get into a viewport like perspective, my objects disappear and I always need to hit F to frame the object back in the window.

Maybe there's a reset functions option somewhere? I've not messed with maya at all since then, so much trouble.

I got maya 2011 but am having trouble installing it so for now i'm stuck with 2009

Please help

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
# 2 27-04-2011 , 06:09 PM
Subscriber
I went to window, pref, edit and reset. No help
Even renamed my default maya folder where it saves everything.
No help either

Upgrading to a newer version is looking like my only option. I've got client work piling up and this is not good

desperate here guys

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
# 3 08-05-2011 , 09:26 PM
Subscriber
Bump.............

# 4 13-05-2011 , 12:11 PM
Super Moderator
It could be graphic driver issue. Are they up to date? Also depending on what card you have, you may need to create a rule to disable some features when Maya is running.

- Genny
# 5 15-05-2011 , 11:32 PM
Subscriber
Updated grahpics

solved it by updating to 2012 lol