Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 28-12-2003 , 05:27 AM
Subscriber

Maya's starting window size...?

Does anyone know why maya is set to open at 1280x1024...regardless of your screen resolution?

If you have never used maya in a greater 1280x1024 then you'll have no idea why it is troublesome.

Me personally i love working in 1600x1200 and so maya always opened at 1280x1024...which is pretty small on my resolution....so everytime i have to maximize it which is really a pain...ok well maybe it's just a pet peeve but i cant stand it.

Luckily today i went searching through maya's preference mels and saw that it was programmed to open that way, but was easy to put in my res (so now it opens maximized yay user added image)

but seiriously why can't the fine folks over at Alias have it just detect your screen resolution and open maximized?

Do they really think everyperson that uses maya is using a resolution less than or equal to 1280x1024?

Anyways...i guess what i am wondering is if anyone knows a fix to make it autodetect?...or maybe someone could ya know...pass this along to Alias (I can dream can't I? user added image)

# 2 02-01-2004 , 01:59 AM
Subscriber
Mine was set to 1254x940 leaving room for the start bar and MS Office shortcut bar - even though it's not installed. It's annoying coz I have to maximise each time. Thanks for your tip on the MEL though, it now opens at a better size. user added image

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 3 02-01-2004 , 02:58 AM
Couldn't you also edit the shortcut to open Maya maximized? That's how I have it setup on my windows box.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 4 02-01-2004 , 06:48 PM
Subscriber
O? What command do you use in the shortcut to do that?

The only constant is change...
# 5 02-01-2004 , 07:37 PM
Right-click on the shortcut and then choose Properties. Change the Run option from Normal Window to Maximized.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 6 05-01-2004 , 12:10 PM
Subscriber
Well it works...and at the same time it doesn't. It doesn't work in that if i launch maya through any other means, ie a project file or through my quick Quick Launch bar, that setting doesn't apply any longer, only through the shortcut on the desktop. So i guess for the time being doing both fixes the problem for good user added image

The only constant is change...
# 7 24-01-2004 , 09:35 PM
A PAIN!!!!!! to maximize a window??? user added image

just open Maya and press the alt key + spacebar, then press the "X" key, you can also get rid of the title bar if you like.....

hope it helps

errr........ you're using windows right?? user added image

.rib

# 8 25-01-2004 , 12:04 AM
Subscriber
in ur prefs folder u can adjust specific size.
maya/whatever vesion u got/prefs/windows prefs
locate the main window line then edit as u like.