Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-09-2012 , 04:06 AM
Lifetime Member

A Thank you note to Simplymaya

Hey Simplymaya,

Just wanted to drop a note to say thank you for making such great tutorials.
Specially the latest ones of Zbrush and the LightTower.
Looking forward to dive in! Keep the great work guys.

Big thank you!
Miguel, cgisoul

# 2 28-09-2012 , 01:56 PM
Administrator
Nice to see you pop by and thanks for the feedback! Really liked the last alien btw, the pose was very cool, forgot to say.

# 3 29-09-2012 , 08:24 AM
Lifetime Member

Nice to see you pop by and thanks for the feedback! Really liked the last alien btw, the pose was very cool, forgot to say.

Hey, you are always welcome. Thank you user added image
I'm looking forward to dive into the new tutorials, specially the Zbrush one user added image very cool looking old lady there.

# 4 07-10-2012 , 03:15 PM
Lifetime Member
Just wanted to officially add my heartfelt Thanks also
This is by far The Best Maya site I have found on the net,
and believe me, due to health reasons, I've spent tons of sleepless nights
trolling the net trying to get info on Maya
Almost all people here are willing to jump in and give detailed help,
without the snobbish attitudes I've seen from other places.
For people to take the time to download someone's scene and do a render,
and point to places that could use extra attention, or diagram what is being done wrong
is just amazing!
It is surely a helluva lot better than someone saying "this is wrong, or that sucks"
and not explaining how to properly correct the issue.

And, the implementation of the p3d plugin(?)is just as amazing
being able to look at all aspects of a model rather than just a static image, helps tons!

To have admins ask "what kind of tutorial do you want created?"
Well, that's just unheard of anywhere else.
every other site I've watched has just created what they want, and that's what you have to learn
To be able to voice my opinion of a specific tut I want, and have that tut created
IMHO that goes well above and beyond any expectations I ever had,
and showcases the true professionalism of the people here.

Unlike most, my aspirations aren't for getting a job in 3D, it's purely recreational
being physically unable to do what I love (cabinetmaking), I use Maya to keep me busy and occupy my mind.
I have tried many of the packages out there, 3D Max, Lightwave, etc.
and settled on Maya because of it's overall ability to do everything in the 3D realm
But, the final decision to delve into Maya was this community and it's willingness to really help noobs expand their knowledge and confidence in the program.

So again, Thank You very much, ya'll have earned my deepest respect user added image

I'm not lazy, I'm just resting before I get tired
# 5 07-10-2012 , 04:25 PM
Technical Director
I'm glad we could help user added image

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 6 23-10-2012 , 02:19 AM
Subscriber
I bought one tutorial, and it was good. But I do not like the Forums as much...No one replies to you. No one gives you enough answer, and no one tries to really help....
Who knows a good 3d maya forum?

# 7 23-10-2012 , 03:24 AM
EduSciVis-er

I bought one tutorial, and it was good. But I do not like the Forums as much...No one replies to you. No one gives you enough answer, and no one tries to really help....
Who knows a good 3d maya forum?

I'm sorry you feel that way. Looking at all the threads you posted, you got timely helpful responses from multiple people for almost all your questions. Your last question posted two days ago doesn't have a response yet.
https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38494
Try adding some more details to your question. Or a screenshot. The members here are giving help without payment. They don't really owe you constant assistance. Having said that, after visiting a few forums, I can say this forum is typically very helpful. I think you are mistaken with your statements. Hopefully you will give this community another chance, but if you really want to find a better forum... well... good luck. user added image

# 8 23-10-2012 , 05:51 AM
Lifetime Member
I agree with stwert Im afraid sali. This has been the most helpful and certainly 'ego's left at the door' forums I have been in to. The fact as stated by Beast that this site is proactive in its developing framework by trying to involve the community at large speaks for itself. I think that after being here for a while you will appreciate what a fairly balanced community this is and also a well placed intent by the owners of this site to give good training and enjoyment in a relaxed environment.

As stwert said too, a lot of the people with knowledge here also have dayjobs and lives outside of the forums and give us thier advice and answers free of charge when they can. Your other greatest friend is Google....its on 24/7.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 9 23-10-2012 , 12:15 PM
Lifetime Member

No one replies to you. No one gives you enough answer, and no one tries to really help....

This is simply not true...i have been an active member of this forum for 8 years and would and do answer questions all the time, there really is not a more friendlier or helpful bunch than here.
Sali if you have a specific problem the more information you post about it the easier it is for people to help you, often the reason some things don't get answered is because it's difficult to understand the question.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 10 23-10-2012 , 02:25 PM
Super Moderator
I think you guys just got trolled lol.

- Genny
# 11 23-10-2012 , 03:04 PM
The thin red line

I think you guys just got trolled lol.

Genny I think you might be right, Stwert Bullet Im not getting paid for helping? that sucks..........LOL.........dave

# 12 23-10-2012 , 04:36 PM
Subscriber
I problay shouldnt chime in on this one..lol, but I will. I disagree with the "no replies" comment. Every post I've had on here, someone has answered it and I greatly appreciate it! I've not seen one post on here with no replies, it may take a while to get a question answered but like someone said, most people on here have day jobs and don't sit on here waiting to answer questions. And, a lot of people on here are in different time zones as well so you might want to take that into consideration as well.

This is by far the best Maya site I have found, hands down, along with the the people on here. If no one answers you then it might be you or youre asking the wrong questions then. It's hard to check your ego at the door but in Maya you have to, at least that's what I've found out. This is a great site filled with very helpful and knowledgeable folks. My modeling skills have a VERY long way to go to get better but because of the folks on here and all of the training this site offers it hopefully will. Kind of a rude comment for you to make.

Art is a jealous mistress.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson