SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Maya Modeling / Strange Polygons

Maya Modeling Everything on Modeling Techniques and Tools - NURBS, Polygons and Subdivisions Related in this Section.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

12-07-2014, 10:14 AM   #1
Soldier63

Strange Polygons
Hello simplymaya-forum!

In the past, sometimes there is always some strange things going on with my polygons, and I was wondering how could i solve this problem, rather than modelling everything from scratch again

Is there any way to elimenate this strange problem, or have i just redo the model again?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english
12-07-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
daverave
The thin red line

Its hard to tell from the shots you provided but it could be a laminate surface, try deleting the poly in that area to see if there are any extra polys under the surface...........dave

12-07-2014, 04:11 PM   #3
ctbram

I agree with dave, it's nearly impossible to see what the problem is you are concerned with from the images.

It could be laminate faces as dave suggests, or it could be locked normals which you can fix by going to the modeling normals tab and choosing unlock normals.

Also you can try going to mesh>cleanup and remove laminate faces and choose the other options that make sense like nonmanifold geo, faces with zero area, edges with zero length...