Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 19-09-2006 , 05:08 AM

anime char in maya

you know, what i seem to appreciate anime more than photorealism. .. ehem ehem... i don't know why lol it's just it seems better... i dunno just my opinion.
Anyway, since im inspired lol. i wanna start doing an anime character in maya of course. texturing will be another problem later. For now, i need ref images for anime chars. They just look awesome lol and this would be the first time i'd do an anime in 3d. dunno how it will be in the end but i'd need all ur sggestions. thx

~The Computer Is A Moron~
# 2 20-09-2006 , 03:36 PM
I think this is hard...caus anime is anime cause its in 2d user added image

# 3 27-09-2006 , 10:38 PM
I wouldn't say it's impossible due to anime mostly being 2d; it's really a matter of getting good image planes for a front and side view of the character you'd be modeling, and having a mental-image of what you're working towards, so you know what needs tweaking when your model is coming together.

But aye, I can understand an anime character being hard, as their "eyes" kinda "blend" flatly with their head (if you've seen anime, you know what I mean...).