Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 09-04-2009 , 08:40 PM
Subscriber
I am not familiar at all with these spaceships. Is it possible to make my own spaceship?

# 17 09-04-2009 , 08:53 PM
hey sokol - check the rules - mike says you can make your own. user added image

# 18 09-04-2009 , 09:09 PM
EduSciVis-er

(posted by sokol) I am not familiar at all with these spaceships.

I think these races are made up (except earthlings user added image )and open to interpretation, at least that's how I read the rules, so you can do whatever you think fits with the description. But, yes, you could also do something completely different.

# 19 09-04-2009 , 09:15 PM
Subscriber
Thank You. I want to join but I am not so sure at this point. I have few other projects on my way. I hope I make some time for this challenge. Is interesting

# 20 10-04-2009 , 12:37 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by mtmckinley
sorry, not familiar with V

don't worry, mckinley-points have no value. user added image

no value :angery: I just bought a Yacht how am I supposed to pay for it without my McKinley points? haha

I will admit I cheated, I typed it in google and the entire first page was filled with Conquest 2 pages so I posted that as an answer. Woohoo google when you need an answer.

# 21 10-04-2009 , 01:35 AM
Subscriber
Good evening! I have been really wanting to join in on this and have decided to join. I may not be up to the originality of Dango so far, or the speed of modeling of tweetytunes. They are doing a very good job. I have some things I would like to work with, such as Nurbs and maybe some type of animation. I will try and post a start to my project tomorrow. But I have done cars for so long, hope I don't embarrass myself. Thanks for the chance, as I don't do soft body modeling and this is one I may be able to at least make an attempt at.

Cheers!!

P.S. I did not understand fully the last challenge or may have gotten in on it.

Challenge me and I will try. Because If I should fail, failure also has a prize (Knowledge).
# 22 10-04-2009 , 03:33 AM
Subscriber
it's tough trying to think of something and shaping it into the descriptions... :p

i have a picture of a baby turtle and i was like 'i can use that as a space ship!' thinking of the reptile thing...

...but i'm not going to do that... :p

i'm coming up with stuff but its hard to decide which of those categories the ship would fit into...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 23 10-04-2009 , 05:31 AM
The Maya Mountain
the races are completely made up and can be pretty much anything.

# 24 10-04-2009 , 06:32 PM
Of we have enough time, can we make a fleet of spaceships? Maybe like, a mothership with some drones or fighters or something?

And does the spaceship HAVE to be textured? Would a really nice clay render suffice?

# 25 10-04-2009 , 07:15 PM
The Maya Mountain
if you have time, sure, make all the ships you want.

They need to be textured though to be a valid entry.

# 26 10-04-2009 , 07:15 PM
Subscriber
Dont have to be textured - huh I wish - mine going to be a bugger - this time more time on the uv`s which is what got on the last one.

Last edited by tweetytunes; 10-04-2009 at 07:19 PM.
# 27 10-04-2009 , 07:33 PM
EduSciVis-er
I think I'm going to texture my ship mostly a nice grey lambert... (just kidding)

# 28 12-04-2009 , 03:48 PM
This sounds like a fun challenge, count me in.

www.CrisJames.net
# 29 12-04-2009 , 08:37 PM
Subscriber
Is it true David is putting up 100 points for this one now - if so that`s great news.

Have to work harder now
(hold on a min Im flat out as it is - oh well)

# 30 12-04-2009 , 10:15 PM
Subscriber
after the challenge we should also do a little animation challenge or something so we can see all the details of these monsters that are coming out

or more so, i just want to try show off my ship's capabilities user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D