Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 28-05-2003 , 07:15 PM
Subscriber

New Playstation

# 2 28-05-2003 , 08:32 PM
I don't quite follow this. Is this absolute confirmation or is it just a data sheet? It looks like an ad for a fabrication facility to me.

# 3 28-05-2003 , 10:05 PM
Dumb question, as I've never used/played with any of the newer consoles. The last console I played with was the SNESuser added image

What is the hardDrive there for?

Can you "save"/rip these games to it or what?

Sorry if I sound olduser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 4 28-05-2003 , 10:34 PM
Simply Maya OG
The harddrives for saving game progress. Its just like a memory card, just with more space. user added image

- Hybrid
# 5 28-05-2003 , 10:51 PM
SM Tea Boy
120Gb for save games!!!!

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 6 28-05-2003 , 11:18 PM
Subscriber
This is a real release:
https://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/0...eut/index.html

120 gig well since there is a dvd recoder and atuner card, it can be used for storage.

All I know is that everyone is against Microsoft for creating console that is very much like a PC. Look at whos copying who know.

# 7 29-05-2003 , 01:43 AM
This isn't the new PlayStation. This product isn't from SCE (Sony Computer Entertainment), it's from Sony. It's more of a entertainment system.

I found this a IGN: https://ps2.ign.com/articles/421/421027p1.html

Couldn't be bothered to re-type so here's a cut & past of what i gonna say:

The PSX includes the PlayStation 2's Emotion Engine and Graphics Synthesizer chips and will allow you to play PS2 games. But this isn't just a games system. The PSX also comes with a TV tuner, DVD recording capability and a 120 gigabyte hard disk. On top of this are USB 2.0 and memory stick support and a built-in Ethernet adapter.

I guess the hard drive is so you can save stuff using the TV tuner, kinda like TiVo, then burn in onto DVD.

I was gonna buy a new PS2 [my current one broke and only a 2 games play, no DVDs] but i may wait out for this. That is if it isn’t to expensive

# 8 29-05-2003 , 02:12 AM
The system sounds interesting. Seems like consoles are just becoming specially designed gaming PC's. With some extra's.

The hard drive is also useful for allowing you to place the entire game directly to the hard drive. This will shorten load times and make it much faster.

- Matt
# 9 29-05-2003 , 07:51 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by z1mmnd14
This isn't the new PlayStation. This product isn't from SCE (Sony Computer Entertainment), it's from Sony. It's more of a entertainment system.

I found this a IGN: https://ps2.ign.com/articles/421/421027p1.html

Couldn't be bothered to re-type so here's a cut & past of what i gonna say:

The PSX includes the PlayStation 2's Emotion Engine and Graphics Synthesizer chips and will allow you to play PS2 games. But this isn't just a games system. The PSX also comes with a TV tuner, DVD recording capability and a 120 gigabyte hard disk. On top of this are USB 2.0 and memory stick support and a built-in Ethernet adapter.

I guess the hard drive is so you can save stuff using the TV tuner, kinda like TiVo, then burn in onto DVD.

I was gonna buy a new PS2 [my current one broke and only a 2 games play, no DVDs] but i may wait out for this. That is if it isn’t to expensive

well, it is just a game console. what you seen looks to me like a very clever advertisment. to steal the money from the people that think a game console is for lil kiddies. and think if they have a "home entertainment system" - it is an excuse to buy the games. "why not buy games, after all this thing can do it".

# 10 29-05-2003 , 12:12 PM
Subscriber
At the end of the day it is still a game console with bunch features but, instead of a consumer thinking they are getting game console with a DVD player and Ethernet Adapter. They will think the total opposite . A consumer will by this and the games are the extra feature. I think I just repeated what Baby Duck said. The chart below clearly shows a road map of game consoles merging with home entertainment.

user added image

# 11 29-05-2003 , 04:57 PM
I get what your saying but the people who made the PlayStation arn't making this.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....