Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 22-03-2005 , 09:20 PM
Subscriber

GUITARS

Ok, I have done some research and have come to realise that guitar and maya seem to go hand and hand. So I have created this post for everyone to post a pic of your guitar or instrument or whatever. (just remember to keep those pants on) I should have a pic of my guitar soon. And hopefully the moderator wont get pissed I made this, lol.

# 2 22-03-2005 , 11:50 PM
Haha, I don't see how they go hand-in-hand, but.... I play guitar and love it. I wish I had a digital camera to take a pic.user added image

# 3 23-03-2005 , 12:50 AM
my guitar sucks... and wont tune worth shit... Only 2 cords seem to keep the tune. The others untune themselves in about 10 minutes which makes it pretty hard to tune. Hybrid has a cool looking guitar though.

# 4 23-03-2005 , 01:30 AM
Here's my guitar gear.

Left: My very first guitar. This trusty Morris is about 20 years old.

Middle: My old jigsaw puzzle guitar. It's made of leftovers of many different guitars. Although it doesn't play very nice anymore I keep it around since I intend to do something really wacky with it at some point user added image

Right: My newest axe. An Ibanez RG-550. Strings are a bitch to replace because of the Floyd Rose bridge and locks but you could almost rape it and it still keeps the tune user added image

In front of the guitars: A Line 6 POD 2 and an Ibanez Metal Charger distortion.

Attached Thumbnails

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 5 23-03-2005 , 07:54 PM
Subscriber
Hey kbrown, those are some nice guitars. Mine is a tom delonge fender strat, I know it probably wasn't the right price ($500), but wtf, I really like blink. If his gibson was a hell of alot cheaper I would get that instead. But anyways here is my guitar. And yes that is a blink guitar book, I just want 100% acuracy on the tabs, just so I can sound exactly like them. Crazy? maybe? Next Im going to work on getting the marshall amp he uses.

Also with the maya and guitar hand and hand thing. I just did some research and some other posts seemed to have alot of people talking about how they play guitar, I just wanted to see which ones.

Attached Images

Last edited by alienscience; 23-03-2005 at 07:59 PM.
# 6 23-03-2005 , 07:58 PM
Subscriber
Sorry forgot the book :o, also sorry about the pic quality, my camera burns it directly to a dvd so the format isn't that good.

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 26-03-2005 , 05:43 AM
Simply Maya OG
I hate to break it to you alienscience, but most of those books are completely wrong. Your better off going to a tab site and getting one there. Plus...its cheaper. :p

Hey Kman....how are those Line 6 POD's? Im looking for something better than my DigiTech RP80, and Im thinking about the new PODxt...but I wanna try one out 1st, cause its like $300 USD.

As soon as I find my digicam, Ill post up my guitars. I gotta Epiphone Les Paul model, and a Fender acoustic. I forget the model #....I also got a Marshall MG15CD amp, and for pedals/effects, I have a DOD Distortion pedal, a DOD Stereo Chorus pedal, and a DigiTech PR80 [if those counts]. user added image

- Hybrid
# 8 26-03-2005 , 06:26 AM
Actually, those books aren't wrong, as they come from the artists themselves. I've actually yet to see a 100% accurate guitar tab from a site.

# 9 26-03-2005 , 07:12 AM
Subscriber
I've the the Make Yourself songbook (probably one of the best albums ever!), and it's spot on, but MXTabs.net has a pretty good collection of tabs, and most are very accurate...

My guitar though is some lame Fender wannabe that's never in tune, and I can't play for shit, but I still think it's funny as hell... Especially because my family hates is user added image

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 10 26-03-2005 , 11:29 AM

Originally posted by I-Iybrid
Hey Kman....how are those Line 6 POD's? Im looking for something better than my DigiTech RP80, and Im thinking about the new PODxt...but I wanna try one out 1st, cause its like $300 USD.

I've been very pleased with my POD. Just what I need here at home. Why don't you go and test one in a music store? Or ask the dealer to demo one for you...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 11 26-03-2005 , 03:18 PM
Simply Maya OG
Most of the Warner Bros. tab books are pretty accurate, but from my experience, the others arent very (accurate).

As soon as I get time, Im gonna stop down at the local shop and test one out, then once I get money, Ill most likely pick one up.

- Hybrid
# 12 05-04-2005 , 09:01 PM
Subscriber
Well like I said earlier(?) im pretty new at guitar. Im looking for a good amp now and dont know where to turn. I need an amp between $100 and around $200. I am not really looking for a paticular sound in the amp, what I really want is versatility. It also would help alot if it was LOUD. Thx in advance to any people who would help with me.

# 13 06-04-2005 , 04:30 PM
A really versatile amp between $100 and 200? Good luck. You might be able to get a deal on a used fender...I bought a blues deluxe (yellow tweed) several years ago for $250.

For what you're after, you might want to save and checkout Line 6's Flextone series.....maybe you can buy a used flextone II....they're versatile...not a real tube amp...but Ive played one live and they can get pretty gnarly...could give you your blink 182 tones with ease really...it's basically a pod with speakers...plus you get the same tone at low volumes which is nice for bedroom playing, unlike a Marshall which begs to be cranked. user added image

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 14 07-04-2005 , 08:15 AM
Heh, wonder how crazy tones you could get with a Variax 300 guitar played through a POD which drives a Flextone user added image That's like three PODs in series user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 15 07-04-2005 , 06:06 PM
Subscriber
Anyone know a place from within the EU where you can buy guitars and stuff online?

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"