Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 02-09-2003 , 12:43 AM
SM Tea Boy

Video quality sample

I posted this in another thread but though id re-post it here we produced bigger files for Kurt's new dragon VIP video heres a sample of part 5 so you guys can check out the quality

What do you think would you rather have bigger files with better quality visuals or smaller files with worse quality video

you will need divx 5.0.5 to play this back or the latest version of ffdshow

https://www.simplymaya.com/david_private/sample.zip (6.07Mb)

I think the file size increase is well worth the added quality

Video was encoded in vdub 4 pass DivX 5 with a nice temporal smother to clean up some of the artifacts

more than anything big thanks to Kurt for yet another great tutorial!

David.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 2 02-09-2003 , 02:38 AM
I think that 6 megs for every 2 min is a little high- I do like the idea though. maybe something like 640x480 would be of adequate quality and still download in a reasonable amount of time.

just a thought.

# 3 02-09-2003 , 02:51 AM
SM Alumni
Quality! user added image

Darkon the Incandescent

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.
# 4 02-09-2003 , 02:52 AM
<-- Agrees with Darkon
Great stuff!

# 5 02-09-2003 , 04:42 PM
WORKS FOR ME! user added image

If this is going to be the standard setup for vids, then when ya get the chance, could you make a page, or an email with the settings (step-by-step if possible) for the new vids we do?

Thanks!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 6 02-09-2003 , 06:44 PM
Subscriber
I'd rather have bigger files and better quality and i'm on a 56K so it takes me days to get a tutorial.

# 7 02-09-2003 , 08:14 PM
Kevin
all vids will be done in the divx except mikes that will remain wmv

# 8 02-09-2003 , 08:44 PM
Subscriber
go for the higher quality. if it's too big to d/l just order it on cd.

<a href="https://www.d2lodshop.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">D2lodshop</a>
<a href="https://www.gatcity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">GAT City</a>
<a href="https://www.rhymbox.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">XMPP instant messaging</a>
# 9 02-09-2003 , 08:56 PM
Kevin
the higher file size shouldnt make much difference as now parts can be broke up into small sizes and downloaded as you wish user added image

higher quality is great IMO

# 10 02-09-2003 , 09:09 PM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by ckyuk
I'd rather have bigger files and better quality and i'm on a 56K so it takes me days to get a tutorial.

I don't think you live that far away from us? I could probably stick um on CD and sling them to you from here user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 11 03-09-2003 , 09:09 PM
ahhh...
I see what you meanuser added image