Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 06-07-2005 , 01:42 PM
Subscriber

Theater

I am creating a movie theater from an image i saw at a site that sells models. so far everything is going pretty well, but i see a problem with some poly's. wondering if anyone can give me an idea what i need to do to fix the problem.user added image
the outlined area happened after i split some poly's. i checked the normals and everything seems to be going in the same direction. i have not tried rebuilding the poly's. just not sure if thats what i need to do. it started to happen after i split the border near the ticket window. any help is appreciated.

# 2 06-07-2005 , 02:24 PM
This could be the smoothing of the normals.

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 3 06-07-2005 , 05:12 PM
Subscriber
seems like its something along the lines of extra vertices. not sure tho. i went ahead and rebuilt the questionable geometry, and when i combined the poly's and merged the vertices there was some that would not merge. so i had to rebuild more geometry and eventually i corrected the problem. thanks for the suggestion tho. user added image