Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 11-04-2006 , 11:05 AM

Glowing Material

How can I create a material that looks like it is glowing? Like a car light at night or something?

# 2 11-04-2006 , 12:21 PM
Subscriber
Create a sphere for example, assign a texture to it. Then go to the attributes of your material. You should now see a field that is labeled glow. Open it check the glow box, and there you go.
If you open the hypershade on a clean - empty scene you see three basic materials, lambert1, particle cloud and another one whose name I forgot. But when you open the atributes of this last one you get a lot of options concerning the glow, enabeling you to really tweak it and get the look you want.

I hope it helpeduser added image

# 3 12-04-2006 , 10:56 PM

Originally posted by farbtopf
I hope it helpeduser added image

It did, thank you. user added image

# 4 12-04-2006 , 11:11 PM
Subscriber
welcome user added image

# 5 13-04-2006 , 05:18 AM
In order to create a glow. u refferred to a cars headlight or something like that which emits light.

It is better to use a spot light which u may find under the lights.