Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 24-06-2007 , 08:08 AM

whos gonna model a transformer?

man, ive been looking for some image planes to model prime or someone. anyone know where to find some?

anyone modeled a transformer?

# 2 24-06-2007 , 08:34 AM

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 24-06-2007 , 08:49 AM
Subscriber
I did gridlock not so long back (in fact going back to him soon as it still is not finished) and I have always planned to make ravage as he was the base for the name of mine and my old flat mates website website ( www.ravage3d.com )

https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...k&pagenumber=1

but I had the toy in hand which was better than any ref. Got any transformers get them out and use them or try and get a cheap one of ebay. Also look at the modern comics as the detail the artiest go to to make the old guys look cool was amazing. (shame Micheal bay could not do the same - fool)

But plz man do someone else than prime - I`m sick of the sight of him in 3d threads (go to cg-talk and you`ll find at least 8 different threads at the mo.) and I`m betting that it gets worse after the movie drops.

There were so many cool robots like

sound wave,
shock wave,
jazz,
hound,
bubble bee.

or better still invent your own

Last edited by tweetytunes; 24-06-2007 at 08:55 AM.
# 4 24-06-2007 , 11:25 PM
i actually went and bought the book for the transformers video game. it has some amazing shots. those modelers and animators are amazing.

i was looking for some reference materials for the old transformers. the movie ones have too much detail for me to even think of modeling.

no one's seen any image planes? i know having a model is the best thing but in the meantime i hope to find something that will work as image planes. id hate to have to draw them.

# 5 25-06-2007 , 01:40 AM
Subscriber
what you want blue prints or something ???
you will never find a top,side and front shot of a transformer unless you make them yourself.

dude I did find this for you though - but it seems to be the transformers after the movie only though

https://www.toyarchive.com/Transformers/Cels/ACels1.html

if you want photos of a transformer just image search the one you`re wanting to make - as there are plenty of toy sites with pics on them

Last edited by tweetytunes; 25-06-2007 at 07:16 AM.
# 6 25-06-2007 , 10:19 AM
ive been googling for about three hous and nothing. plenty of reference material but looks like im gonna have to draw this myself. oh yeah, i just remembered, i got some transformers dvds. talk about all the reference materials youll ever need! ill post some stuff if i draw something good.