Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-09-2006 , 11:03 AM
Subscriber

Hardware High Quality Lighting. Problem.

Problem with Hardware High Quality Lighting.

I am having problems with either rendering
in Hardware mode with High Quality Lighting turned on.
If I use Hardware Buffer Render then it renders fine but cannot save the image...
Do you have any tips for me?
Is the hardware good enough or should I have bought a FireGL Card?

Hardware Specs

AMD 4800+ X2 Dual Core
2Gb Dual DDR400
Sapphire Crossfire Express 3200 Mainboard
2x250Gb Seagate HDD SATA - RAID 0
-CROSSFIRE-
1x ATI X1900 XT 512Mb GDDR3
1x ATI X1900 XTX 512Mb GDDR3
500w PSU

With my currenct config I can render 2,500,000 Polygons in 4 sec with 30+ Samples...

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep - Scott Adams"

<b>Toxic Bunny</b>
# 2 10-09-2006 , 12:48 PM
Subscriber
i would guess this is maya 8?? because i am having exactly the same problem and i am using nvidia Quadro4 750 XGL and that definately has open GL on it, in it, whatever it is?

I hope you can solve it because I'm having to use maya 7 and 8, maya 7 for hardware rendering of anything because 8 will not do particles or high quality view port render?

I kind of like 7, maybe i haven't used or read the advantages of 8 yet. not being a real wiz on maya i find it hard to see much differance except fot the logo when it boots up.

user added image

take it easy and life will be easy
# 3 10-09-2006 , 07:24 PM
Subscriber
You souldn't have problems as you have the recomended HW.
When I decided to get the Crossfire, I read that it works with all
applications etc... I am really sorry I never went for the ATI FIREGL though...

I found a way for me to render in hardware without getting any artifacting. I use the hardware buffer render, but unfortunatly it does not support saving etc... :headbang:
If they release Maya PLE 8 then I will have a look to see if it works with my card there first before I make any decisions...

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep - Scott Adams"

<b>Toxic Bunny</b>