Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 11-09-2004 , 02:05 AM

preMulitply

I'm tryiing to write a simple script to turn off the preMultiply feature in the Maya software renderer. I know I can just turn it off in the render globals, but I'm trying to set up a pipeline where it's on when working in Maya, but then when I want to render my sequences, my submit script turns it off and that way I never forget. The problem is, I've looked all through the docs, but I can't find a command to do this. There seems to be a command to edit every other setting in the render globals except preMultiply. Maybe they fixed this in Maya6, but I'm still in Maya5 for now.

If anyone knows this command, I'd be grateful.

Thanks,
-dann

# 2 11-09-2004 , 02:54 AM
Pre multiply what? I'm not sure If I get this...

There's pre and post render mel commands that you can define in the render globals... I'm pretty sure you can do what you want in here..

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 11-09-2004 , 04:17 AM
Subscriber
Try this. Like K said there is a pre and post render mel section.

setAttr "defaultRenderQuality.compositeThreshold" 0;

I think there is not a switch for it internaly. If its clicked I think the setting just is 0, if not thin its what ever threshold you set.

# 4 11-09-2004 , 11:32 PM
To clarify...

In the render globals, under Render Options there is a check box titled Premultiply. When I'm working in Maya, I like to keep that box checked, but when I render on the farm I like to have it unchecked. This is why I want to automate the setting with my script that submits the render to the farm.

If I turn on echo all commands it shows the commands:

updateMayaSoftwarePremultiplyCtrl;
control -edit -enable true premultiplyThresholdCtrl;

but when I try and work these into a script nothing happens.

Thanks again.