Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 02-02-2007 , 02:12 AM
If your goingto composite it into the picture have a read up on the techniques to do it.

I.e Set the lighting in the plane's scene file to match the one form the backgroung, render in layers, use alpha channels, blurs etc etc.

Theres a fair fiew tutorials on the net if you have a look about.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 17 02-02-2007 , 03:01 AM
Subscriber
great idea for a wallpaper, though it looks abit bright for my likeing...

# 18 02-02-2007 , 09:00 AM
Acid44
it looks like crap bevause im udeing deep paint not photoshop so this is like a practise test for meuser added image

id probably haave better luck in ms paint... with my skills at least

# 19 03-02-2007 , 03:28 AM
Acid44
ok ill have to do the comp with starjsjwars plane when i get home im at my sisters right now
user added image

# 20 06-02-2007 , 06:41 PM

Re: looking for a plane...

Originally posted by acid44
hey people. ive been doing some renders in a freeware app called terragen and i made one that looks like it needs a plane in it. but i want a cg plane not a real one for it so i was wondering if any one has a close-to photorealistic plane they could post preferably a wwII plane in mid turn or from a below view going above the camera

If you check out...

www.the-blueprints.com

...you can find heaps of blueprints; including many aircraft from the WW2 era! Japanese, French, Italian, American, Brittish (English), Russian...take your pick! Heck, there are even some prototypes...

EDIT:

To help further your search:

1) Go to the site (above)

2) Click on "blueprints" at the upper left menu bar

3) Choose "WW2 planes"

4) Browse away user added image

Last edited by severinianthony; 06-02-2007 at 06:43 PM.
# 21 06-02-2007 , 07:02 PM
Acid44

dude...

i have been looking for that site for about 2 weeks now for some reason it never came up on yahoo and i couldnt remember how to spell it

PRAISE YOU MANGuser added image

# 22 06-02-2007 , 07:04 PM
Glad I could help ^_^