Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 61 09-06-2010 , 02:29 AM
thanks for the comments and inputs, i will continue to work on the renders and materials, as FF i have no idea what that is. I did the retro post just for fun and will probably add one in my final set of renders but for now im working on materials and shaders and also an outdoor lighting scenario. Thanks for the inputs

# 62 09-06-2010 , 05:52 AM
Lifetime Member
FF is an add on for Photoshop mate, got all the old/scratched etc textures in it, black and white etc. The one with the coffee/mud stains was a tut I found on the net. Worked quite well and was effective.

Keep up the good work mate, it is a beautiful model.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 63 10-06-2010 , 01:35 AM
Subscriber
You can also google "dirt map". There are alot of free brushes and images that can be used for a variety of effects.

# 64 12-08-2010 , 09:55 AM
this project is not dead yet here's a little something still work on final renders, then it will be back to improving my modeling.
user added image
user added image

# 65 12-08-2010 , 01:33 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
I really like your shading , you need to break up the model so that it is not 100% straight pitchperfect maybe even a dent somewhere with some paintdamage, looks nice though

# 66 15-08-2010 , 01:42 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
damn i sometimes forget how skilled you are really great render there

# 67 18-08-2010 , 05:51 PM
Subscriber
looks good man!

will throw out my two cents tho.

First.. no dents or dings needeth be added. It's a restored beauty.

I like your last render.

the layer over it seems tries to give the impression of a vintage poster? if ya want, try to fade it just a little <the car not the top layer> or fade the background to a darker grey instead of black.

3/4 view)
also the red in the front rim between the top right spokes doesn't look right as well as the the red under the bumper in the darkness

Side view, my favorite. that background light does the trick. and is kinda what Im talking about in the 3/4 view. maybe make the light bigger on the background? to cover from the front of the car to the read so total detail of the car is shown and not blacked out?

one more thing. that poor car has a bad owner with those horrible disc brakes. he needs to take them down ASAP and have them resurfaced. Hehe I totally understand the look ur going for there but smooth the surface out some. they look like they have been grinding for a while now.

as I said my two cents.. dump it if u want user added image

but dude! excellent work man, am loving it, one of the best looking cars ever made and you got it spot on. been following this since you first showed signs of progress! way to follow through and thanks for sharing!! are you planning on rendering a eye level view with finished interior?

hope to see that one soon!

# 68 20-08-2010 , 06:37 AM
Subscriber
lookin sexii

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 69 21-08-2010 , 12:02 AM
thanks for the comments and inputs i really appreciate them, i am working on a new studio setup. Thanks once again wanna finish this car and work on some other projects

# 70 31-08-2010 , 01:15 PM
Subscriber
Love it a lot! You made a lot details under the car.
At the end, did you change the drilled brakes to some other? I could not see the holes.
How did you do the headlight? I'm working on a head/taillight these days but i ve no idea how to make the texturing part. Your headlight looks just fantastic.

cheers

joey

# 71 11-09-2010 , 10:39 AM
Subscriber
Loving the detail on this one. But my favorite render has to be the last one on page four as it gives that old-school feel to it user added image