Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 02-06-2008 , 07:10 PM
Yeah Jay, thats right, I found it too dark and a tad sinister. It's not that I dont like it, just not my fave from the bunch, I like the light humor of the others.

Mastone

I really liked the start, government base. finding the artifact and the chase after that. I liked the doffed caps to the older films (the ark in the wherehouse etc etc).

I also liked the nuke part, thought it was OTT but funny.

The development of where everything was, via the madenss that the skull gave to Prof OX, the conquestodors etc etc, the finding of the graves where the skull was.

And the end, it said why they destroyed it all as once it was returned they erased any thing that said why there were there.

I wasnt really struck on Mutt, but there was some good parts, like what Jay said, but the jungle paret with him was silly, good for the kids watching, but not my cup of tea.

Like I said to start there were some good parts and some bad, overall I liked it.

As for parts that you think are form other movies, I think you would be hard pressed to find an adventure film that didnt take from another.

If I went in expecting it to be "awesome and the best Indy yet" I would have left dissapointed but I didnt, I went into watch an Indy film and thats exactly what I got, happy customer.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 17 02-06-2008 , 11:09 PM
The Maya Mountain
yeah, I didn't like some stuff about the new Indy... wasn't too hot on the whole alien thing (hope everyone saw that Spoilers tag in the topic title!) and was disappointed at the lack of booby traps. If I was going with the same title (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) I think I would have gone more along the lines of the first 10 minutes of Raiders of the Lost Ark... an idol that Indy is trying to get before the baddies do and having to go through a booby trapped temple or whatever. I guess that's kinda what Last Crusade was, huh? Oh well. user added image

# 18 03-06-2008 , 04:18 AM
I loved it.

...but then I'm really old, and I'm biaseduser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 19 04-06-2008 , 06:30 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
" I loved it.

...but then I'm really old, and I'm biased"

I can only forgive you about the age -thing LOL

Are there people out here that dislike the movie?

# 20 04-06-2008 , 06:34 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
There are people who hate it big time over at CGsociety, jeez its like someone insulted somebodys mother over there, the amount of whining going on...

Jay