Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 23-01-2006 , 10:44 PM

Dev c++ 5 bug?

Hey, I know c++ and stuff, but in dev c++, whenever i use any thing, the window dissapears really quick:

script (basic example, it does this with anything):

#include <iostream.h>
using namespace std;

main()
{
cout >> "Problem";
return 0;
}

If I run it repeatedly, i can see the word "Problem" flashing across the screen, but nothing more.

Is this a bug with dev c++? Or is this my programming fault (which i doubt)

Cya Later
Matt user added image

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 2 24-01-2006 , 09:24 AM
Subscriber
I'm assuming that this occurs when you compile and run? If so, then that is nomal behaviour. In order to get the screen to stay put, you have to open a command prompt and navigate to the directory that you have compiled to. Then, just type in the name of the compiled application, passing any arguments to it at the same time. That way, you will see the program run through, and the window will stay open.

Cheers,
Malcolm

'England Expects That Every Man Will Do His Duty' - Vice-Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson - Battle of Trafalgar - 21st October 1805
# 3 24-01-2006 , 11:45 PM
Thanx! much help! I'm learning graphics programming now, and, well, its a lot, but I have previous programming experience (im 13 lol) in Basic and Python. aight, thanks for the help again

cya later
Matt user added image

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 4 25-01-2006 , 07:43 AM
Subscriber
Matt / Malcolm (or anyone else)

While on the subject - in developing Maya plug-ins the development help says you must use MS Virtual Studio 2003 to develop them. Do you know of any other way to produce .mll Maya specific plug-ins???

Thanks in advance for any help.

best

Keith