Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 09-05-2006 , 01:02 AM

Particle Rendering

I've got a project where I need to have a character moving through a field of particles and affecting them. Everything renders but the particles for some reason. Here's what I've done so far:

-Linked a directional light to the particles
-Gave the particles a 2d fractal node and also a ramp color

What else do I need to do to render these things!

Thanks!
Randy

# 2 09-05-2006 , 02:12 AM
particles(except for the ones with S / W next to them) only render in the hardware renderer

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 09-05-2006 , 04:24 AM
Cool, so if I want to use a software render particle like clouds or blobby surface, what wpuld be the best way to assign a dust material to it?

# 4 09-05-2006 , 06:31 PM
ummm, i am not sure, cloud is like dust, but i dont know how to assign a color map to it....... IM not good at particles user added image

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 5 09-05-2006 , 06:58 PM
Have a look at the fire ring tutorial available in the downloads section, its free.

Your berst off creting a particle cloud (in the multitiser or hypershade) then adding ramps for the colour, opacity etc like you would a std material then assigning it to the particles