Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 25-06-2007 , 12:36 AM

Rendering a LIVE Scene

So when I try and Render a scene with LIVE Video, it never renders the "movie" portion of the scene. What am I forgetting?

# 2 25-06-2007 , 01:40 AM
you need a program like after effects to composite it.user added image

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 25-06-2007 , 03:02 PM
Senior Software Developer
LIVE is used in to allow you to get the camera tracking correct so your 3D element fits within the Live scene.

As stated above, you then render the 3D scene and then composite them both together in something like After FX.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 4 25-06-2007 , 06:03 PM
Thanks for the response....

In the past, I know I have put Maya objects into a live scene before and I'm trying to remember how I did that (it's been a while and I've just gotten back into this).

So, I have a 30 second scene of the front of my house. I want to have a sphere rolling across in front of it.....How do I render so both the ball and the video can be made into a format with VideoMach can make it into an AVI for Youtube (using LIVE or not)?

Chris

# 5 25-06-2007 , 06:04 PM
Added....when I render a single scene......all I see is the ball, not the video. That is what I am hoping for to see both.

I know I'm a supernewbie trying something probably pretty complicated so I apologize in advance.

Thanks again.

Chris

# 6 25-06-2007 , 08:25 PM
you can use the playblast function, but then it isnt rendered.
otherwise its impossible within Maya

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com