Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 24-09-2004 , 10:53 PM
Subscriber

Speakers

Hey guys, been away from the forum awhile and finally found some time to come by. Got some new stuff this is all rendered in Turtle. I am not sure which of the three to go with. Any suggestions will be great.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 24-09-2004 , 11:55 PM
Hey roach, cool looking speaker design. I think they all look good, but I think the first render looks about the best. user added image

# 3 25-09-2004 , 12:29 AM
yup, cool design... the renders could use some specular highlights, bit more defined shadows and the black parts could use a little more variation in the brightness (<- are a bit flat atm)... just my $0.02...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 4 25-09-2004 , 06:08 AM
The first one caught my eye with that bright yellow cone ... but I think I like the third one better ... hrmm ...

I suppose what I don't like about the first two is that the wood texture/color you've got on them reminds me of that wood grain thats not actually wood grain but a decal over particle board and that reminds me of this old desk I had that was constantly losing one of its legs. So don't listen to meuser added image

Nice work!

Dave

# 5 25-09-2004 , 03:08 PM
Subscriber
thanks for the feedback guys. I should mess around with the wood specular a bit but since the wood is a low polish I didn't want to much specular. Here is another image just quickly messed around in photoshop. I still need to work on shadows better.

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 30-09-2004 , 12:48 PM
Subscriber
small update. fixed up some of the reflectivity on the surface. I added blur reflection on the floor. What do you guys think.

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 30-09-2004 , 05:29 PM
Subscriber
I know i want a pair and your right the yellow ones your doing caught my eye first and they're the ones i like.