Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 18-01-2003 , 07:19 PM

Attaching a lattice

Hi,

I have a broom that moves around in my scene. I need to put a lattice on it and have the lattice move in conjunction with the broom. Right now, i can make the lattice, though it stays put rather than attaching it to my broom.

Help is appreiciated!
:banana:

Thanks,
Ari
# 2 18-01-2003 , 07:30 PM
Subscriber
I'm not at home, so I can't try it at the moment, but I believe you can group the lattice to the broom and that should do it.

I'll check when I get home.

Just remember, you'll need to select the group for everything to move together, so you might want to parent the group node to a more visible curve for easier selection.

God Bless you and 3D
# 3 18-01-2003 , 07:33 PM
Well that is basicly my problem.
How do i parent a group or any objects to make them move together?

Thanks,
Ari
# 4 18-01-2003 , 09:09 PM
Select the the two objects, go to Edit | Group. To move the objects, either select the Group object in Outliner or select on of the children objects and press the up arrow on the keyboard to move up the hierarchy and select the group.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 5 18-01-2003 , 09:15 PM
I dont think your understanding the problem.

I want to make the lattice move along with the broom. The broom is alread animated to move around, so when i press play, i want the lattice to be attached to the broom.
I want the lattice to have the exact same keyframes as the broom.

Thanks,
Ari
# 6 19-01-2003 , 05:18 PM
Posted twice....why?user added image

Last edited by Saiyan; 19-01-2003 at 05:20 PM.