Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 24-11-2010 , 07:06 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon

Harry Potter 7 Part one

Don't if there is a post here about it, but I did a search and couldn't find any...

Went to the cinema yesterday to watch HP 7.1 and apart from some small stuff ( Dobby wearing red sneakers wtf and small alterations to the story which doesn't make sense nor spare time screentime wise) it is really good, without wanting to spoil anything for anyone pay attention to the mini story about the 3 Peverell brothers, really good...

user added image

# 2 24-11-2010 , 08:33 PM
SM Tea Boy
I'll be going to see it when it comes out over here probably in 2015.

Dave user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 24-11-2010 , 08:41 PM
# 4 24-11-2010 , 08:44 PM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by mastone
2015? where are you from then?

I'm from the UK but i live in Prague. I've not checked the release date for HP 7 yet but we quite often end up with movies months behind the USA and other places in Europe.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 25-11-2010 , 08:50 AM
Subscriber

Re: Harry Potter 7 Part one

Did you see the same film I did - good opening and some really funny jokes (about 6 or 7 scatter thought out) but apart from that very slow placed and in places found my self looking at the speakers in the cinema because that was more fun.

The brothers Peverell part was by far the best part - that was really good but I really don`t want to rush out and see 7.2 anytime soon now. Shame as Potter has gotten better over the years but this was a new low

Originally posted by mastone
Don't if there is a post here about it, but I did a search and couldn't find any...

Went to the cinema yesterday to watch HP 7.1 and apart from some small stuff ( Dobby wearing red sneakers wtf and small alterations to the story which doesn't make sense nor spare time screentime wise) it is really good, without wanting to spoil anything for anyone pay attention to the mini story about the 3 Peverell brothers, really good...

user added image

# 6 27-11-2010 , 03:02 AM
I think I did see the same movie as you did user added image
I think the overall acting has gotten better, but the movies not necesarrily the best book adoptation is in my humble opinion still Azkaban...

SPOILER ALERT DON't READ IF YOU STILL HAVE TO SEE THE MOVIE

some minor stuff about this movie I would have want to see different:

- when snape arrives at malfoy manor they should have had yaxley arrive at the same time as snape and have their little dialogue ( read the book for specifics)
When they enter the main room where Voldy is , they should have shown that voldemort trusts snape a 100% by acting like he did in the book saying he should sit at his immediate right and staring him in the eyes showing the ferocity of the gaze whilest interogating him and show the little dialogue between Yaxley( explaining about the imperiused Pius thickes) snape and voldy, when Voldemort ask if anyone knows Charity ( the floating woman) snape answers ah yes with a mocking smile ( in the movie they showed his pain which could betray his allegiance and makes the character less believeable- Alan rickman is the best by the way user added image )

- At Malfoy manor where they are captured and Dobby comes to save them, he shows no fear at all and acts like a superhero( for people who don't know this is where dobby was enslaved before harry freed him for most of his life and has been treated brutally), that and the damn sneakers ruined Dobby for me.. they followed the book so closely that i don't get why they didn't follow the book on this part.

But all things said and done this was finally a good movie again, because the HBP wasn't that good rather bad actually and they kept out the main parts in favour of a collapsing bridge and some pick up scene in a subway and an attack on the burrow which never happened and didn't make sense at all...

Ah well c'est la vieuser added image